eight.

(y/n) was at johnathan's house yet again, the two of them setting up her channel to upload her first video. johnathan had been so kind to help her edit it and get it looking nice, as well as helping her figure out some semblance of a brand. the two of them were giggling the whole time while she designed her icons and everything, making them her favorite color and picking something simple enough to be recreated if the need arised.

the video was ready to upload, johnathan had explained how to do titles, thumbnails, tagging, and even more. all that was left was to start rendering it and finally upload it.

"now, i'm just gonna say, my fans can be, uh, a little overwhelming," johnathan said, the two of them leaning back in the chairs of his office, baby yuto on the floor by (y/n)'s feet. "i have a lot of jokes on my channel and stuff, and my whole--"

"i'm kind of familiar with some of them!" (y/n) piped up, sitting up before realizing what she'd just said and sinking back in her chair, "i mean i've been watching some of your videos recently and i've noticed some reoccurring themes,"

johnathan wasn't in shock per say, but he was definitely surprised. she had gone out of her way to watch his videos? so much so that she knew some of his jokes?

"yeah, yeah, then you'll get it," johnathan looked away from her, carson's words from the day before yesterday coming back to him. "also, sometimes, people can be really mean on the internet, there's probably going to be some shitty comments. they don't mean anything, if anything they mean good things!" (y/n) nodded, agreeing with him as they watched the rendering bar fill up slowly.

"so johnathan," she started, her hands wringing over each other as she glanced up at him. he hummed in repsonse, his phone holding most of his attention. "about that second date we're gonna go on," immediately, johnathan perked up and looked over at her. his face was a bit flushed, and she figured it was because of how blunt she'd been. "i was thinking we could go to a mall or a shopping district or something like that and buy each other an outfit? kinda like the first date, but then afterwards we have to wear the outfit out to dinner?"

johnathan nodded, thinking a little. "what if we did it before the date? and then the day of the date we give each other the clothes and meet up at dinner?" (y/n) agreed, clapping her hands together and claiming she already had an idea. the two texted each other their sizes for different clothes and their preferred brands. at this point, the video was almost ready to be uploaded.

"gosh, it feels weird," (y/n) quipped, looking at the screen as the rendering bar filled up and she upload button appeared. johnathan looked at her quizzically, but stayed silent so she could continue. "as embarrassing as it sounds, i've wanted to make youtube videos for a long time, but i never had the guts to actually do it," she nervously chuckled.

"it's always gonna feel weird, i have those moments sometimes in the middle of recording. i have to stop and sit down for a second and be like 'wow, i'm living so many people's dreams right now.' it's hard to explain," johnathan replied, pushing the mouse towards (y/n), "could you do the honor?" 

she took hold of the mouse, moving it slowly towards the button and clicking. with that, her first video was uploaded. johnathan pulled out his phone, going to youtube and getting the link before opening twitter.

'my friend @(y/un) and i played minecraft where she had the keyboard and i had the mouse, watch us fail miserably'

the replies started flooding in, johnathan's phone beeping and buzzing but he only put it on silent and set it off to the side. "it's uploaded," he elbowed her lightly, "your first video. how does it feel mrs. youtube?"

"i don't think i've earned that title yet," she chuckled, turning to look at johnathan.

"oh come on! you and i, baby! mr. and mrs. youtube!" he threw an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close and looking down at her again. they were close, not uncomfortably so, but close enough to where they could easily close the gap.

(y/n) used all of her strength to not look down at her lips, alas she was only human and could only hide her true intentions for so long. if she wasn't mistaken, johnathan had also taken a glance downwards.

"johnathan--"

"can i kiss you?"

hey hey hey, sorry it took so long, writers block is a bitch