four.

after (y/n) learned what johnathan did for a living, she began looking into how she could be able to do it herself. he did mention that he'd help her out, and it seemed like it would be a lot of fun to get to play games with him and maybe make a bit of money off of it. so far, her computer specs seemed to be pretty up to par with what she'd need to actually do it, so she figured she'd go ahead and ask johnathan about it some more and explain she was interested in doing it for fun.

the next day, once all her classes were over and her and johnathan had turned in the project, they decided to walk home together, and (y/n) took this time to ask him questions.

"so, when you stream, people watch you live?" she asked, craning her neck to look up at him, "and they can send messages and money and stuff in real time?"

"yeah! i can interact with them and stuff while things are happening in the game, and then they can monetarily support me by donating money or subbing, which costs money," he paused to think for a second, "it's kinda like having a monthly subscription to my channel, yknow?"

"yeah, i get it," she nodded, looking ahead at the street they had to cross, "what's your channel name by the way? i wanted to check it out but i didn't know if that'd make you feel weird," 

"oh, yeah no, i'm glad you asked me first because i wanted to warn you that i'm very different on camera. my whole shtick is that i'm loud, hate women, republican, catholic, so on and so forth," johnathan chuckled, "i have this thing called the funny mic, and i haven't done it in some time because i'm kinda sick of it personally, but it's this shitty xbox microphone that i practically stuff down my throat and scream into,"

(y/n) looked at him peculiarly, "people find that entertaining?" he shrugged and mumbled an 'i guess so' as they approached his house.

"hey, uh, i was actually gonna record a video today if you wanna maybe sit in and watch? it's gonna be some wii game that i bought, you can try it out with me too-- and if you aren't feeling the whole 'being on camera' thing, i can scrap the footage and rerecord with a different game," johnathan offered, putting on foot on the stairs up to his door, "of course-- you really don't have to if--"

"johnathan, i'd love to!" she exclaimed, cutting him off, "i haven't played on a wii since i was i don't even know how old man," she rubbed the back of her neck, trying to think.

"okay, well you're totally welcomed to join me right now and we can order in some pizza and record! i can show you my streaming set up too,"

and with that, the two of them entered the home of johnathan schlatt. as soon as they were inside, a lady poked her head out of a doorway on the side of the hallway, smiling.

"hey johnathan! welcome home from school, who's this?" the older lady stepped out of what was presumably the living room with a mug in hand, raising her eyebrows at him.

"mom, this is (y/n), her and i did a project together and now we're just gonna go hang out in my room and probably make a video for my channel," he smiled at her, giving her a quick hug before motioning for (/n) to follow him. she said a quick greeting to his mom before following him towards a door.

"have fun you two!" she called after them, "but not too much fun, johnathan!"

she burst out into laughter as she heard her son stammering and stuttering to the girl he was taking to his room in the basement, turning and heading towards the kitchen to make them snacks.

meanwhile, johnathan continued to stammer at (y/n), apologizing for his mom's behavior and words. "she's always like this whenever i bring home girls, she likes embarrassing me and stuff--" he paused, the both of them at the bottom of a set of stairs, a small hallway leading them to two doors on either side. "the door on the left is my bedroom, there's a walk in bathroom in there if you need it ever, and the door on the right is where i record videos. let me go set down my books really quick and then we can go into the office and start recording, yeah?"

"totally, i'm gonna head into there, if that's fine," johnathan agreed with her, opening the door to his bedroom and entering. (y/n) went through the other door, and was immediately met with a hanging baby. she burst into laughter and stepped around it, trying to calm down her laughter. johnathan reentered, a confused look on his face until he saw her looking at the baby.

"oh, don't mind yuto, he's from a different video, do you want to watch it?" (y/n) agreed, watching him pull a chair out from behind the whiteboard in his room and push it up to his desk. "alright, buckle up, because it's a wild ride for sure,"

and so, the two of them sat down in the chairs, scooted closer together to see the monitor in between them and watched johnathan's silly videos.