District 1 Interviews

Universal P.O.V
"Welcome, welcome I'm your host, Cottyn Wellwood, and don't we have a show in store today!"

The young host exclaims to the crowd as they throw their hands in the air and scream with anticipation.

She sits in a large red chair situated in the centre of the stage. A smaller version of the chair is also on the stage. Behind Cottyn images of the crowd are being projected onto a screen as the camera man moves around the room.

"Tonight I have the pleasure of introducing this years tributes to all of Panem and finding out just who is in the running to be crowned the Victor of the 200th Annual Hunger Games!" She screams enthusiastically as the crowd break into applause again.

Cottyn waves her hands towards the crowd in an attempt to quieten them down.

"Alright, shhh it's time to begin." She says, shifting in her seat so she is facing the other chair.

The screen once projecting images of the Capitol citizens lifts and reveals the 24 tributes sitting in two rows of tiered seating. Each tribute is sat next to the district partner and are all dressed for the occasion. The crowd erupts from their seats as the lean over each other in a frenzy to catch a glimpse of this years tributes.

"Please show your welcome for District 1's blonde bombshell, Radiance Bloom!"

As the first tribute walks onto the stage I pull out my sponsors guide and get ready for the show to begin.

Radiance Bloom D1
I walk down the stairs leading from the tributes seating to the stage where Cottyn is waiting for me with a smile plastered on her face. I lift my dress up slightly as I walk down the stairs so not to trip. My dress is a white floor length chiffon dress. A slit travels up right leg and finishes at my hip, where a layer of peachy orange fabric can be seen.

It's nothing different from what I've ever worn, coming from the district of luxury and my mother being a stylist, my stylist in fact. I assume lots of the other tributes will have trouble walking in high heeled shoes, but not me, I'm used to it.

I smirk as I step onto the stage and watch as the crowd shifts in anticipation.

"Hello dear" Cottyn says while motioning for me to take a seat. I shoot a wink towards a group of young men in the crowd and they holler in excitement . That's all part of my plan. Be pretty, be flirty, get sponsors, win the Games.

"Now Radiance honey, we have 3 minutes where we will have a little chat and get to know you before you enter the Games tomorrow morning!"

At the mention of the Games everyone gets up on their feet again. I smile at them while crossing one leg over the other and getting comfortable for the interview.

"As we all know when you are selected as tribute, that's the end of your old life. No communication with family and friends and no way of returning unless of course you are the Victor. However... I hear that you have brought a little piece of home with you! Is this correct?"

"Yes I have Cottyn." I begin with a giggle "My mother is my stylist and I couldn't have been more happy. I mean look at this dress!"

I stand up and, purposefully showing of the side where my leg is exposed. The crowd goes wild.

"Yes wonderful! Now moving on your training score, er... Would you like to shed some light on what happened there?" Cottyn questions.

"Nothing's wrong with my score, perhaps it was tactics. You'll have to wait and see"

The buzzer goes off signalling my times up and I make my way back to my seat with the loud applause filling my ears.

Blaze Bastion D1
By the time I get to the stage the crowd is still buzzing from Radiance's interview. She did well but it wasn't impressive, just pointless flirting. Plus, she wasn't even doing it right...

"Why hello there" Cottyn Wellwood says while reaching out and holding onto my arm.

I flash her my winning smile while taking my seat.

She's young but in no way attractive. Her hair is pulled to high on her head and her makeup is to thick. From my seat I can see a line around her face were the makeup hasn't been blended properly. Whatever the case, it won't stop me from winning her's and everyone else's in this crowds heart.

"Hello Cottyn and hello panem!" I shout.

Everyone stands up screaming my name.

"To get things started must I say what an attractive young man you are, aren't I right ladies?" She directs at the crowd who scream back at her. "I bet you have a string of ladies back home am I correct?"

"Well no, there some pretty tributes here but no, no one of my fancy back home. However I must say that the men in the Capitol are very lucky with all these pretty ladies walking around"

More screaming of my name erupts from the crowd.

"A charmer I see. Now moving on. What are your hopes for the arena and the Games?"

"Well of course Cottyn my alliance and I will be taking control in the arena. We will hunt, and fight and we WILL keep you entertained I can promise!"

The buzzer rings and Cottyn stands up and takes my hand. "Blaze Bastion everybody!"

"Thankyou, I'll be seeing you all soon!" I yell.

While the crowd are in an absolute frenzy of applause, I lean over and give Cottyn a quick kiss on the cheek.

A smirk tugs at the corners of my mouth. I've got them wrapped around my little finger.

------------
ATTENTION: hey guys, I was wondering if anybody would be feeling kind enough to make a new cover for this book! That would be so cool! I would spam a book of yours with comments and votes & maybe even dedicate a chapter to you :) Send them to me & I will choose the one that suits this story best x