District 2 Interviews

Quartz Odius D2
It's to tight.
The fabric of my dress clings to my body in a way that makes me feel trapped. The black dress hugs my waist before getting slightly loser around my legs. Strips of Gray are situated on the dress in a way I suppose is meant to look like armor. I hate it and I want it off.

Before I know it Cottyn is calling my name so I make me way down the stairs and over to my seat.
I don't acknowledge her I just find the nearest camera and stare straight through it. I imagine that I'm looking through to everyone one I hate. The president, the people of this stupid city, my parents...

"...Quartz hello? Are you with us?"

I snap my head around and look at Cottyn who is giving me her best phoney smile.

"For a second their I thought your head was in the clouds!" She giggles and the crowd laughs along with her. "What a stunning dress, represents you District extremely well! Now to begin with the interview I want to say congratulations on your impressive training score. A 9 wow! Can you let us in on what you did to achieve that score"

I look over to her and see that she is nodding her head enthusiastic my, her, stupid blue curls bouncing on top of her head."I just did what I knew to do, it was instinct I didn't even have to think about it" I say shifting my gaze back to the camera.

"Alright well what ever you did you must be extremely good at it, isn't that right folks!" She says earning shouts from the crowd. "Now changing subjects. Your life back home what was it like?"

Panic attacks me as I think of what the right answer is. I could lie or I could tell the truth. Or I could tell her nothing at all.

"Don't talk to me about my life!" I snap.

Cottyn stares at me in shock as I jump out of the chair and storm of the stage, throwing a quick look back over my shoulder at the confused crowd.

Slate Oxford D2
"Hello Slate welcome!" Cottyn says shaking my hand politely.

Since my entrance the crowd hasn't stopped cheering, obviously enjoying my presence.

"Now excuse me if I'm wrong but dare I say that you've been one of the most talked about tributes here in the Capitol. It all started with the threat from your friend... What was his name again?"

"Invictus" I say with a chuckle.

"Yes of course who could forget! As well as the spectacle at the reaping your entrance at the tribute parade was noteworthy and then your wonderful training score of a 10! I know what we think of you but what do you think of us. How are you liking the Capitol?"

"I've always wanted to come here. If I hadn't of volunteered for these games I was going to sign up to become a full time peacekeeper. That's what I've lived my life for. To protect my country, but now that I'm going into the Hunger Games... I'm going to bring my district pride and win this thing!" I shout my voice raising slightly at the end.

"Amazing what a fine young man, we can't wait to see you in the Games and we are sure you've got some excellent skills. What is your weapon of choice?" Cottyn questions.

"Whatever I can get my hands on, I can use" I say with a smirk.

"Of course your from District 2." She laughs "Now finally, do you have some last words for anyone back home?"

"Yes indeed" I begin "Invictis my dear friend. I know your watching this because you will be glued to the tv rooting for my death, but a reminder for you. I'm not dead yet and I won't be for a very long time because there's no way I am leaving this world while your stupid face is still watching over me" I finish just as the buzzer goes off.

"Well Invictis I think your threat has just been returned! I present you Slate Oxford from District 2!" Cottyn yells as I make my way of of the stage.

The crowd is going wild and I love the fact that back home Invictis will be shaking in his boots in both fear and fury.