19 (十九): Forward

5/9/2020 (2 months)

Kei sighed as he taped his fingers, getting ready for Karasuno's first match for the semi- finals. Two months has passed and he still hasn't gotten a word from [Name] since. He broke one night and texted her, only to find that the number was disconnected. Did she want to forget about him?

He knew that he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up, and yet, he still tried to hold on as much as he could. Nonetheless, he learned how to block and learn more techniques from Kuroo during their second camp and his brother's college team. His life seemed to moved forward as he continued to play volleyball, his reason to continue playing was for [Name] to just watch him but his spark and actual interest in the sport didn't increase nor dwindle. 'This is just a club.'

They were facing a team the blonde didn't like. First, they acted like Hinata's six clones and looked like simpletons. And second, their captain hit on [Name] and asked for her number.

Although now, she was gone and another girl took her spot for helping Kyoko and becoming Karasuno's manager. Her name was Yachi Hitoka. The blonde didn't really care for her as she usually cheered on Kageyama and Hinata. When the whole team found out that [Name] went back, they were sad until Kyoko introduced Yachi the next day. It felt like everyone just simply moved on.

"Tsukki! It's time to warm up!" Yamaguchi called out to him, before leaving to go ahead.

Looking at his hands, he sighed and adjusted his sport's glasses, his brother got him and went to go warm up. 

___

"[Name]!" Her teammate shouted, looking at her.

The girl ran and dug for the ball, hitting it back as she slid before turning her body and running back into position. The team she was playing against was a nuisance as their ace's spikes were hard to control. But she was determined to perfectly receive it. Volleyball took her worries and current stress away.

The weeks that passed was a rush as [Name] and her family struggled to meet pay. She argued with her parents that she'd quit volleyball but they ignored her offer and continued to search for jobs. Ever since her father lost his job at the hospital, it was hard to live in New York. They didn't live in the suburbs but the actual city. It was incredibly expensive and she figured they would have to move somewhere else. 

She sold her phone and most of her belongings so that she could help them in the slightest, she even worked a part- time- job that her parents didn't know about. She would skip practice or excuse herself from games to go and work as the dishwasher at a local cafe. The pay wasn't much but it was enough for her to be satisfied.

[Name] knew by this time that the semi- finals were getting started. She regretted selling her phone because she couldn't text any of her friends, Tobio and everyone else she cared about. Although before selling her phone, she wrote all their numbers and emails down on her journal, she kept for the last few weeks, spilling her emotions onto the pages.

"[Name]!" Her teammate shouted, snapping her back into reality.

The [hair color] dug forward, sending it to the setter, who tossed the ball. The ball flew into the air as all of the girls except [Name] run for the ball. 'Synchronized attack!'

The ball flew to the left, as [Name]'s team's ace, slammed the ball down, winning the team their final point. The girls cheered, high- fiving each other and smiling. They all decided on going out to eat but [Name] backed out and decided to go home.

Walking home, the cool breeze of the late night welcomed her. She hummed a song as she continued her walk home. "All it takes is one flight~" She sang, softly and smiled as she thought about the middle blocker that still managed to pop up in all her dreams.

"I can't seem to get you off my mind~"

She opened her front door as she finished her lyric, seeing her parents discussing something before swinging their attention to her. 

"I'm home?"

Her parents smiled as their eyes settled on their daughter, excited to give her some news. Her dad looked at her mom, who nodded.

"I got offered a job! At a really good hospital and they offered me a house nearby!"

[Name] smiled happily at her father who beamed with joy. His smile widened at her expression.

"But.. we'll be moving. We already are shipping our things and we are leaving to go to our new home in a few days!"

The girl smiled as she looked at her parents who had tears brimming their faces. She was so grateful to be surrounded by strong and patient parents who did their best in any hard situation. She hugged them both, as the family cried tears of joy.

"I'll be staying here for a few weeks though.." Her mom mentioned, looking at her daughter with a smile. "I want to make sure my mom is okay before I go."

[Name] nodded as she looked around her apartment. She did soon realize that some of their stuff was gone, some pieces stayed for her mom to use while she stayed for a few weeks. Soon, her mom would send the things to their new home.

Her parents had to take calls and emails as they got things ready, she went upstairs to pack her clothes and belongings, hoping that the move will give her a fresh start. She looked out her window and watched the cars drive by and the city light up, filling the streets as it always was, a bustling place.

'I hope you're doing okay.'

___

Kei walked home with Yamaguchi as the two talked about their next match. It wasn't a big surprise that they won the game against Johzenji. He was rather feeling quite happy that they did. Saying goodbye to Yamaguchi and splitting ways, the blonde walked to the playground, going to the swings.

Setting his red bag down, he sat on the swing and looked at the sky. The clouds slowly moved as they went to their next destination, the wind playing with his hair as he let his thoughts run wild. He thought of so many things, especially whether or not he should research their next opponent's blocking and spiking techniques.

He let out a sigh. 'I miss you, Chisai.'

****

Yamaguchi: "Vote for Tsukki! and for good luck for our game tomorrow!"

Kei: "Stop calling me Tsukki, Yamaguchi."

Yamaguchi: "Gomen, Tsukki!"