20 (二十): Volleyball

5/10/2020 (2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days)

[Name] looked at the boxes all over the room, the sun faintly lightened the place as the girl felt suffocated. Without her mom bossing her and her dad around, they were clueless on where things would go. They had already called so many times and have gotten yelled at, by being so clueless. Her and her dad agreed on not calling anymore since they didn't want to get grilled alive. They were already sick of being called idiots in Japanese. 'I think mom found her favorite word..'

Sighing, she wiped off her sweat with her sleeve as she folded a box before placing it beside the others. She mostly gotten her room sorted since she had much more space to put her things in her room. She was used to a small room but having a house for the first time was quite alarming as she never knew she could have a lot of space. 

The both of them have gotten much closer as they unpacked and relied on meat buns and instant ramen. Again, agreeing not to tell her mom because [Name] knew her mom would kill her husband if she knew her daughter was eating such "distasteful food" and calling her husband a lame excuse for a doctor. 

Her mom and dad had opposite personalities as her mom was much more serious and strict unlike her dad, who flowed with the wind and focused on volleyball as a hobby. 

The girl found a local computer area as she was running, and getting used to the neighborhood. She was able to check her emails for the first time in a while. Logging on and starting the time, her eyes grew wide as she saw an email from Kei.

"Have you forgotten about me already? Atleast remember our promise." (Sent 3:03 AM)

[Name]'s fingers trembled over the keyboard as tears welled up. Quickly wiping her tears before they fell, she closed the email and looked at the blank search engine. He remembered and still tried to talk to her? Was she just a coward all along? Is Karasuno doing good? Are they winning?

Realizing that she had a promise to fulfill, [Name] ended her time on the computer, and grabbed her bag before quickly paying the clerk before rushing back to her house. It's not too late, right? After all, they're being broadcasted if they won the semi- finals. 

'Please! Give me time!'

___

Kei looked back and sighed as Tanaka and Nishinoya were sharing a single brain cell again, whilst yelling, "Guts!" over and over again. The game hasn't even started nor have they even warmed up and he's starting to get a head ache.

"As expected.." He mumbled, rolling his eyes.

Daichi looked at the second- years with a fire in his eyes, "Tanaka! Nishinoya! Stop yelling!"

Eventually they did and the team began to walk again, reaching their destination as Tobio and Hinata discussed the people the orange- haired boy was talking to. 

"Kageyama, have you heard anything about [Name]?" Yamaguchi asked, sparking interest in the blonde, who was the one who asked his best friend to say the question.

"Mm, they haven't been doing well. [Name] moved and I haven't gotten an email from her, since." Tobio frowned, not knowing if he should've told his cousin's family business like that.

"Sōdesu ka.. Arigatōgozaimashita, Kageyama."

"Mm." The setter nodded, turning his attention to the boy beside him.

After putting their things and properly warming up, Kei adjusted his sports glasses. 'We may easily loose.'

The team walked onto the court, and Kei immediately wanted nothing to do with Karasuno. He looked at his team and sighed, were they always this empty- minded?

"Center court!" Kageyama called, holding his fists up in amazement.

Asahi and Yamaguchi asked for stomach medicine as Yachi frantically tried to find it. Hinata looked at if he was going to throw up again. While Nishinoya and Tanaka were together, shocked that there were people cheering for Karasuno but the amount of people cheering for Shiratorizawa made them jealous.

He laughed, looking at his team. "You guys are panicking way too much."

Takeda- sensei had trouble calming everyone done as the teacher himself, was just as nervous for the team.

"Tsukishima's older brother?!"

Kei gritted his teeth and turned to the bleachers, finding his brother. He specifically told him not to come and yet he did. He glared at Akiteru, clenching the ball in his hand, tightly. His attention was turned away as Shiratorizawa's cheers and audience was clearly heard through out.

"Yeah, they definitely feel like a powerhouse school.." Asahi whispered, looking at the bleachers.

Kei watched as the crowd cheered louder, upon the arrival of Shiratorizawa. It irked him that they were late and acted as if they owned the place.

"If their receives are off and if in any case, they want to score, no matter what, they set really high to their wing spikers, especially Ushijima."

Keishin- sensei's voice rang in the middle blocker's head as he watched Ushijima spike a ball during their warm up. He continued to watch the other players spike, watching their timing and their pace. The team got their pep talk and starting positions from the two coach's as they waited on being called up.

"#11, Tsukishima Kei."

He held his head high as he high- fived Kyoko, Keishin and Takeda- sensei, before going onto the court. '[Name]. You're watching right?'

___

The whistle blew as it rang through clear as a bell. Signaling the start of the game, Daichi served the ball smoothly as it flew over the net to be received and tossed to Ushijima. Asahi and Kageyama stood beside Kei as the three tried to form their highest block, cutting a cross shot off and letting Nishinoya receive it.

The ball sliced through the air and out of Nishinoya's hands like a needle as everyone stood there, shocked. The fact that Nishinoya couldn't handle the ball's force was something to be reckoned with. Could they really hold down the defensive side?

Nishinoya looked at the spiker, smirking, "Well hello, left."

****

Keishin- sensei: "YAH! Every vote, counts!"

Takeda- sensei: "Gomen, please vote." :')