Chapter 8: The invention

Charlotte's POV:
I was walking with Piper to Junk 'n Stuff but she didn't say a word to me.

We both walked in and went into the elevator. I pushed the button and Piper was screaming her head of while I was just standing still. We eventually got to the end of the elevator. The silver, dented doors opened up and there we saw the man cave. (Authors notes: I literally don't know why I used detail in that sentence)

"Hey Ray!" I said to him waving.

"Hi Charlotte..." He said looking at Piper with his arms crossed.

"What?" She said.

"Gonna say 'hey' or are you gonna keep on acting like that." He asked sitting down on the couch.

"I'm fine with what I am doing!" She snapped back.

"Piper..." I groaned hoping she would be nice.

"So, your gonna play it that way?" Ray asked.

"Yeah whatever! What did you wanna show us anyways?" Piper asked crossing her arms.

"Let me go get Schwoz, he will show it to you." He said getting out his phone.

"SCHWOZ GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE!" He yelled still scrolling through his phone.

"Coming!" Schwoz said running from where the bathroom was.

"Show it to them!" Ray exclaimed with excitement.

Schwoz ran over to a a big, white sheet which was covering something. Schwoz yanked it off and it showed a machine that had a key pad, lever, screen and glowing bubbles that were going through some pipes.

"To-da" Schwoz said.

"It's ta not to." I said correcting him.

"Ta-do"

"Ta-da! Both of them end with the same letter!" I yelled in frustration.

"Ta-da!" He said again pointing out the machine.

"Finally you gt something right!" Ray said getting up from the couch and stood next to the machine.

"Aye you so mean to me?" He said in his funny accent.

"So what is this?" Piper asked.

"Well it can techni-" Ray started of.

"Hey! Whose machine is this?" Schwoz asked Ray.

"Yours..."

"So I will explain how it works."

"Fine!" Ray said as he got something out of the cabinet, it was a sleep dart.

"So it can predict things that will happen. Kinda like a fal tune teller!" He began.

"Fal tune?" Piper asked.

"He means fortune teller, go on Schwoz." I said explaining to Piper.

"So we can-" Schwoz stopped talking and fell to the ground.

"Schwoz?" I asked.

"Nailed it!" Ray said putting down the sleep dart gun.

"Ray! Did you hit Schwoz with the gun?" I asked.

"What do you think?"

"Yes!"

"Well, your right!" He answered.

"Charlotte will you ask Ray how it works cause I don't wanna ask him?" Piper asked me.

"Uhh..sure? So, what does it do?" I asked.

"Well it can predict the future so we can know what happens. For example we can just type on the keypad what we wanna find out, pull the lever. After the bubbles will rotate and on the screen it will answer you." Ray said.

"Cool! Can we try it?" I asked in excitement.

"Umm..." Ray said looking at his watch, "Well we kinda have to go to see Henry now. We can try once we get back." He said.

"Ok, by the way Mr and Mrs Hart said that they would give you a ride to the hospital."

"Did they?"

"Mrs Hart did not so sure about Mr Hart."

"Oh...did she?"

"Ray!" Piper said annoyed.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Stop thinking what you thinking!" She said, we both laughed a bit at his anger.

"Alright!" He answered upset. We all left to go up to Junk 'n Stuff. By the time we were there Piper called her parents to ask how long they would take.

"So what did they say?" I asked Piper.

"Around 5 minutes!" She answered happily.

The car got here and we all went in the back. Ray was obviously flirting with Mrs Hart. Mr Hart was driving getting a little annoyed at Ray. Piper was on her phone showing me rude texts Jana Tetrazini sent her but I ignored her. Everything was going well until I got a text that changed everything...

Hey guys! Next chapter will be kinda short cause it's just about the text she gets from her mum! Said to much already, if you wanna know what happened make sure to go to the next Chapter right now.