𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝓌ℴ

𝓓inner finally rolls around as your mom calls you down, and thankfully you were able to finish you homework in time.

The chicken wasn't burned, so you call that an accomplishment, but you still grab a plastic bag to hide under the table to put it into just in case.

Throughout dinner, when your mom wasn't looking towards you, you would cut off a big piece of your chicken and put it in the ziplock bag that was sitting in your lap.

When she was looking at you, you would be eating the mashed potatoes and gravy or broccoli she made too.

You talked about how work and school was, talking about things of unimportance, until everyone was finished with dinner.

Your mom heads to start the dishes while you pick them up, and put the leftovers away. Except for the chicken, you put that in the plastic bag when she wasn't looking, and said

"Mom, I've got to use the bathroom. I'll be right back to finish cleaning."

She nodded, and you escaped through the back door, one of the cats from the neighborhood was already waiting. You lightly smile at him and dump the chicken around the corner of the house and out of sight.

More cats start coming after hearing you, and by the time you have emptied both your dad's and your plastic bags of food there were about fifteen cats gathered around the pile of chicken. You pet a couple of them and then you head back inside to help your mom finish cleaning.

You walk back to the kitchen, and finish putting the food away, then walk over to the counter next to the sink and sit on it, and help your mom wash and dry the dishes, using your powers of air to blow dry them, and putting them away.

Honestly you use your powers for the simplest of things because you're lazy, although you do go out every night and help Spider-Man on his patrol almost every night. No one knows who you are, and that's how you want it to be. The kid behind the Spider-Man mask always asks you if you'd like to go to the tower and meet the rest of the avengers, but you always decline. Instead preferring to listen to the stories that he tells you about them, that makes them all appear more human.

As you sit there on the counter to talk your mom's ear off, like you do every night. Since you never speak much during dinner preferring to listen and eat your food. This is the time where you ramble for the next thirty minutes. You talk about anything and everything; school, and the kids in your grade, to the news that you've heard recently. Eventually you end up trying to teach your mom Spanish.

Now, your mom is a wonderful woman, she just has a hard time pronouncing things. Which always makes for an interesting Spanish lesson. Eventually you decided that was enough for the day, you ended up teaching her how to say some food in Spanish; manzana, jugó, naranja, biftec, carne, and mantequilla. And the word for food, comida of course.

After that you both head to the living room where you dad and sister were sitting, both on their phones probably on Facebook and watching YouTube. Your sister makes no moves to leave the room so you smile triumphantly, and decide that tonight would be a family movie night. Even if your mom will fall asleep in the first five minutes, and your dad will have his headphones in, doing something on his phone, but a family movie night nonetheless.

Your sister picks the movie out like every other time, and the opening scene for El Dorado plays, and you smile. Miguel and Tulio are great, Miguel is your literal spirit animal, and Tulio is your best friend trying to stop you from doing something stupid, which of course never works.

You sit there and enjoy the movie, and when the credits roll you head up to bed, checking your phone and texting Spider-Man.

SPIDEYBOI
8:47pm

When are ya heading out for patrol?

in about ten minutes.

i gotta make sure i dont get caught im not supposed to do it right now after what happened yesterday

I mean you did get stabbed...

ADVANCED.

HEALING.

FACTOR.

oh yes of course how could
i be so stupid.

THEY ARE THE AVENGERS

YOU ARE THEIR BABY

THEYRE GOING TO BE WORRIED

...

shut up

im surprised none of them went
after the asshole who stabbed you.

Oh they did

No surprise there.

meet at the usual place in ten?

Yep

You shut off your phone and lock the door to your room like you do every night. While your family knows about your powers, they don't know about you helping Spider-Man on patrol.

You don't normally let your opponents exactly see what your power is, you mostly use air so they think that they're just super clumsy, and plus you always hide watching the fight from above making sure spidey doesn't get himself killed.

Of course the stabbing yesterday wasn't your fault. You had already gone in for the night, and spidey was heading home when it happened. But that didn't mean he didn't get a lecture from you too.

You put on your "superhero costume" that you made yourself, and head out for patrol.

—