𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒻ℴ𝓊𝓇

𝓞kay that sounded bad. But anyways.

As you and spidey approached the burning building, you were bustling with excitement anticipating the fun of using three or more of your powers making it look like it's just a natural phenomenon, which makes it all the more fun.

I mean who doesn't like bending fire to your will? It's great!

When you finally arrived the two of you immediately jumped into action, you started searching the building for anyone trapped, and you planned to lead whoever you found safely to spidey, who would take them down, so that no one knew you were there.

While Spidey is a very modest person, and absolutely hates taking the credit from you, especially in scenarios like this, where you do all the work, but it makes you happy when you remain anonymous, and since you're practically his little sister, he does it for you.

So, you start the search for any people who couldn't get out of the fire in time. The first person you run across is trapped in a bathroom, which is a smart place to be during a fire, I mean you'd be surrounded by water, as you indiscreetly lead them to safety you see that it's a little girl no older than seven, so you decide to just carry her to spidey, not caring that she'd see you.

"Hello?" you say in a soft voice, but still hearable over the fire.

"Help." she rasps out through the smoke, you use the air to push all the smoke away from her so she doesn't injure her lungs by breathing too much of it.

You make your way over to her, "Hi, I'm Elemental, but you're special so you can call me El." you said panicking and making up a name for yourself on the spot. Is it corny? Yes. Do you care right now? no.

"I'm Ana." she said.

"Where's your parents?" you asked kneeling to her high, making sure that you wouldn't accidentally leave anyone here.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't think they are here yet, they may still be out. I mean they're never really here anyways." she said mumbling the last sentence.

WHAT?!

"Oh, okay." you said trying not to flip out at the sorry excuse that is her parents, by the sounds of it, as to not scare the girl in front of you as you pick her up to get her to Spidey.

"Hey Spidey, we've got a lil' girl named Ana coming your way." you said into the earpiece.

"You know Spider-Man?" she asked in wonder.

"Yep, and you're about to meet him." you replied.

"On my way." cracked through the earpiece.

As you walked to the stairwell where you agreed to meet with any survivors you ran across a young man, older than you, but still young, who had his leg trapped beneath a beam that had fallen, and was still on fire, you immediately gasped, and set Ana down to help him.

"It's okay, you won't be able to lift it, take the girl to safety." he rasped out before breaking out into a coughing fit. You lightly smiled at his selflessness, but raised your eyes at his stupidity.

You walked over to lift the beam from his leg, having the fire bend away from you, and using your power of wind and earth to lift it up with minimum effort.

He looked at you dumbfounded, "your leg is free now." you said breathlessly breaking him out of his trance, as he rolled away from it, before you set it down.

"Do you know if anyone else is around here?" you asked to make sure.

He nodded pointing to the door across the hall, "there was a woman in there last I knew," you nodded.

"I'm El, and this is Ana, and I'll be right back," you said before walking to the door that he gestured to.

"Charlie," he said, still in shock, watching you walk away.

You opened the door, and looked in the room, "hello?" you yelled, "anyone here?"

"Hello?" a feminine voice replied, "I'm in here."

You walked toward the voice, bending all fire away from you, and lo and behold there was indeed a woman, who was holding something in her arms, a baby.

"Did you see anybody else in here?" you asked.

"Yes, there was a boy..." she trailed off.

"I found him," you said, clearing the smoke away from her, and helping her up making sure that nothing would fall on her as you exited.

"Okay, we need to get going, I have a few more floors to search," you said to the four of them.

Leading them to the staircase, "Spidey?" you asked into the earpiece.

"Sorry I ran into a family trapped in a room." his voice said back.

You faced the four of them, "okay, you're going to need to help Charlie, he injured himself," you said gesturing to the man on the ground, "Spidey will be able to help when he gets here, but till then, I have more places to search for survivors." They all nodded not wanting to be the reason that someone didn't make it out of the fire.

You lifted the man and carried him to the stairwell and sat him down, "this is where I leave you, be careful."

A chorus of thank you's was heard as you ran back into the door that you had come through, making sure that the smoke and fire wouldn't bother them.

"HELLO?!?" you screamed as you ran through the halls.

"HELLO?!?" you yelled again.

Stopping for a moment to listen, "I think my floor's clear,"

"So are the two below you."

"I'll do the top two, you help the survivors down and we'll check the bottom one just in case, after everyone else is to safety,"

"Okay."

Thankfully this building was only six stories, the bottom one being some small shops, the top two being offices, and those in between being apartments.

And hopefully since it was so late, most of the people at the offices were at home. You found the other stairwell and headed up another floor to check for people trapped, "HELLO?!?" you yelled looking around.

CRASH