two.

"It's 2am, what do you want?" Rhodey said as he walked into the lab, being the last one of us to get here as he had to get his leg braces on

"It's 2am, what do you want?" Rhodey said as he walked into the lab, being the last one of us to get here as he had to get his leg braces on. I stood staring at the paper, Natasha having woken everyone up and called them down here, although I was sure that no one was actually asleep. Thor sat in a chair, his jaw clenched as I could feel his eyes staring at me, the god being the first one to get here from his room.

"Fury's pager" I said as I turned around, Bruce turning around to look at me, who's hair was messy and a plaid robe pulled over his pyjamas. "I saw it once years ago, I didn't even know he still carried it around" I started, running with my words as I waved my hands in front of me, my eyebrows furrowed. I knew that from their perspective it definitely looked like I had lost it, and there was a small part of me that was also convince that I was going insane.

"There was this case in LA in the 90s" I said, Rhodey letting out a sigh as he sat down in the chair Natasha was in before. Steve was staring at me, no particular emotion on his face as he listened intently, his hands on his hips casually. "This was way before we ever dealed with any type of aliens" I mumbled, turning back around and looking at the pager once again, trying to rack my brain to make sure that I was seeing what I thought I was and not that I had made this whole story up.

Being alive for as long as I have been there was way too many stories and moments I had filed in my head, and sometimes they seemed to mix together, which wasn't helpful in any way. "There was this woman, she came and helped, she was like really powerful" I continued, turning around as I pointed at Thor, who's eyes were empty as if he just wasn't listening to me at this point. "I mean, like Thor level of power" I said as they all stared at me, no one saying anything as I dropped my hand, not having anymore to say.

"So that thing calls her?" Bruce asked me finally, pushing his glasses higher up on his nose as he cleared his throat quickly. "I mean it pages her if it's still working, sure" I said with a small shrug as Steve took a small step forward, looking between Natasha and I. "Can we dig through SHIELD files to try and find out more?" he asked us as Natasha simply shrugged her shoulders at him, which made him look back over at me as I shook my head.

"It was barely administered" I told him, letting out a sigh as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Too many head agents were undermined" I explained, knowing that the directors at the time didn't want their names missing from such an important mission. "So what now?" Rhodey asked, leaning forward in his chair as he pointed at me with his hand, making me let out a deep breath as I thought for a moment, trying to figure out what will be best from here on out.

"I saw bypass the battery so that it can't turn off" I said, motioning over my shoulder at it as I paused, shrugging my shoulders quickly. "And then just wait" I continued, having no other information that could be helpful right now. "We don't have time to wait" Rhodey countered, shooting me a hard look as I stared back at him for a moment. "But we are going to have to" I countered to him, my voice sounding commanding for the first time in a while now, Rhodey backing off as he leaned back in his chair.

"Can you build something for it?" Steve asked Bruce who turned to look at him, nodding his head rapidly, looking back over at the pager. "I can try" Bruce replied with a quick shrugged his shoulders, making me nod my head as I pointed at him quickly. "I'll help" I said as Steve whipped his head over at me,  his eyebrows furrowed as I nodded my head at him, reassuring that I can do it without breaking.

"I can help" I repeated, looking back over at Bruce who just nodded his head at me, taking his glasses off of his face as he folded them in his hand. "Lets just go back to sleep tonight, we can start tomorrow" Bruce said as Thor sighed heavily, standing up and leaving the room abruptly, al of us watching in silence as Rhodey let out another deep sigh as he rose slowly as well.

Bruce said goodnight to us before shuffling out of the room, Natasha looking over at me as she sighed, running her hand through her hair quickly. "I'll stay" she said to me as I saw her staring at her, Steve shaking his head as he dropped his hands down by his side. "You don't have to, I doubt anything's going to happened tonight" he told her as she smiled at him, even though it wasn't very convincing in any way.

"No, I'm fine" she said with a shake of her head as she sat back down in her chair, staring ahead of her at the hologram of the globe, which was still spinning slowly. I looked over at Steve, who had his eyebrows raised at me, asking if I was going to come back to bed with him. I looked back at Natasha, watching as she lifted up one of her legs, setting her foot on the chair and holding onto it as she stared ahead of her.

I turned back to Steve, shaking my head at him lightly as I nodded my head at Nat. "I'll be back in a moment" I said to him as he nodded his head, looking between the two of us once again before he left the room quietly, leaving the two of us in the silence.

——

A/N: i'm not sure if it cane through in this chapter but I was trying to make her seem really skittish or panicky because that's how I imagine she would be the first few days after the snap so I just thought I would explain that lol
hope you are enjoying this story so far and just keep scrolling (after voting and comment ofc)

A/N: i'm not sure if it cane through in this chapter but I was trying to make her seem really skittish or panicky because that's how I imagine she would be the first few days after the snap so I just thought I would explain that lol hope you are e...