forty-five.

12th December 2019

12th December 2019

"Don't you dare put that there" I said to Steve as ai stood back, watching him about those place an ornament on the large Christmas tree we had picked this morning. The pair of us had visited a farm upstate, walking through the rows of Christmas trees and trying to figure out which one was the perfect height and fullness. We had picked one that came in at a whipping 8ft, which was great considering that we had extremely tall ceilings, not so great since it barely fit through the front door.

"Why not?" Steve asked as he paused, turning to look at me with his eyebrows raised as I stared at him for a moment, a questioning look on his face. "Because there's a white one right next to it?" I asked, not particularly wanting an answer as I pointed at the other ornament, Steve nodding his head as if he understood why he wasn't supposed to place it there, but I knew he was till clueless about it. "Put it near the top, an it away from that red one" I said to him, pushing my hands into the pockets of my pyjama pants as I nodded my head near the top of the tree.

Steve let put a sigh as he looked at where I was motioning to, reaching up the the branch as he tried to hand the ornament from it. "Left a bit" I said to him hesitantly as Steve slightly shifted his hand to the left, holding the position as he turned to look at me for confirmation. "There" I said to him with a nod of my head as he hung it from the branch, clapping his hands a few times as he let out a sigh, taking a step back. "Done" he said as my eyes inspected the tree once again, making sure it looked perfect as I nodded my head at him slowly. Steve stood and stared at me, making sure he had done it right as he put his hands on his hips, bracing for the critic I was about to through at him.

"Turn the lights off" I said with a smile as he let out a sigh of relief, thankful that after 2 hours we were finally finished. I moved over to the outlet where the lights were waiting to be plugged in, Steve walking to the wall and flicking the overhead lights off, leaving us in darkness. "Drum roll please" I said to him as Steve stomped his feet on the floor quickly, my hand pushing the lights into the outlet as the Christmas tree lit up. I turned to look at it, the white lights glimmering in the green pines and ornaments.

"Viola" I said lightly with a smile as I stood up, moving over to Steve as he lifted his arm up, draping it over my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around his abdomen. Neither of us said anything for a moment, just staring at the tree as I took in a breath, letting go of him as I walked to the box that had the left over ornaments in it. "The star" I said to him as I grabbed the wire star from the box, holding it up as Steve smiled at me, nodding his head towards the tree quickly.

"You can do it" Steve said to me as I turned towards the tree again, knowing that even if I stretched I wouldn't be able to reach the top of it. "Lift me up" I said to Steve as he narrowed his eyes at me for a moment. "Just jump" he said to me simply as I raised my eyebrows at him, making him let out a sigh as he walked over, turning around as he bent down slightly. "Okay, come on" he said as I let out a small laugh, hopping onto his back as he held onto my legs, walking over to the tree with me sitting on his back.

"Can you reach?" he asked me as he leaned forward slightly, my arm stretching out as I tried to get the star on the top of the tree. "Barely" I strained, as I shifted slightly to try and push it up straight, hoping it wasn't going to fall back off. "Got it" I said in triumph as Steve moved back slightly, letting out a laugh as he lowered me back down to the ground. "Now it's a real tree" I said as Steve stood behind me, shaking his arms around my waist as he resting his chin on my shoulder, looking over my shoulder as I rested my hands on top of his.

"It looks good" he said to me, kissing my cheek slightly as I didn't say anything, staying silent as I stared at the tree, feeling as if it wasn't quite right yet. "I'm just going to move that ornament" I said quickly as I pushed Steve's arms off of me, feeling the need to fix that red ornament that Steve had placed last, causing him to let out a heavy sigh as he collapsed onto the couch, my arm stretching to grab the decoration.

——

A/N: hello hello hello, here's another chapter for you
it's not my favourite and kinda sucks but I think we needed a bit of Stally at Christmas in this book
I think from here on out i'm going to try and time jump a little bit, only writing maybe 2 chapters a year to try and get it done as this book is getting quite long already
don't worry though because the next book is going to be AMAZING (still not sure how it'll end but I will figure that out when it comes)
please vote and comment and I will see you again very soon 

A/N: hello hello hello, here's another chapter for you it's not my favourite and kinda sucks but I think we needed a bit of Stally at Christmas in this book I think from here on out i'm going to try and time jump a little bit, only writing maybe 2...