teacher's pet - p1

THIRD PERSON POV

The Bronze. A girl is screaming. A vampire is advancing on Camila as she backs into a pole. She throws a solid right to his face followed by a left. The vampire isn't fazed and he grabs her and throws her onto a pool table. He leans over her to bite. Xander comes up behind the vampire, grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him off Camila. 

"May i cut in?" Xander asks. He bashes the vampire's head into the pool table, turns him around and punches him in the gut and the face. The vampire falls to the floor, unconscious. Camila is impressed and gives him a big smile. Xander offers her his hand to help her off the pool table. "You alright?" he asks her. 

"Thanks to you!" she exhales. She slides off the table and notices Xander's hand. "You hurt your hand! Will you still be able to..."

"...Finish my solow and kiss you like you've never been kissed before?" he winks at Caimla and begins walking back to the stage. Camila swoons as the vampire gets back up and growls at her. Xander sees him. He breaks the leg off of a chair that's been knocked over and throws the makeshift stake at the vampire. The stake flies into the vampires chest and he falls to the ground. Camila turns her gaze back to Xander as he jumps up onto the sage and grabs his guitar to continue his solo. Camila advances to the stage and looks up at him adoringly. 

CAMILA POV

"You're drooling." i tell Xander. His eyes were closed during Dr Gregory's science class- of course. Xander furrows his brows. The room was dark as Dr Gregory begins giving is a slide show. "Xander!" i whisper yell as him. He jolts awake from his daydream and shakes his head. I point to the corner of his mouth. "You've got a little..." he picks up my gesture and wipes the drool from his mouth. I smile at him. 

"Their ancestors were here long before we were. Their progeny will be here long after we are gone. The simple and ubiquitous ant." the project turns off the Dr Gregory begins walking between the tables. " Now. If you read the homework you should know the two ways that ants communicate." Dr Gregory stop at mine and Buffy's table. "Miss Summers."

"Ways that ants communicate." she asks, i choke back a laugh. 

"Mm." Dr Gregory nods his head. 

"With other ants." Buffy mumbles. 

"From the homework." Buffy looks are me confused. Out of the corner of my eye i see Willow doing some gestures. I knock Buffy's knee under the table and catches my drift. "Ants are communicating..."

"Um, uh, uh..." Willow touches Xander's back in stroking motion. "Touch.."

"Mm-hm" Dr Gregory nods his head and i smile at him. 

"And, um..." I look over at Willow again to see her sniffing Xander. "B.O?" my face drops as i knee Buffy under the table. Students begin laughing and i see Xander shake his head. 

"Thank god someone finally found the courage to mention that!" this kid called Blayne yells, he looks up at me and winks- i just roll my eyes. 

"That would be touch and smell, Miss Summers. Is there anything else Miss Rosenberg would like to tell you?" Willow quickly turns in her seat as Dr Gregory gestures to her. The bell rings and everyone begins to pick up their books. "Alight, chapters six through eight by tomorrow, people." he looks around at everyone before stopping at Buffy. "Can i see you for a moment?" he asks her. She slowly nods her head.

"I'll meet you in the library?" she nods her head before walking to see Dr Gregory. "Thanks Dr Gregory!" i smile and wave at him, which he kindly returns. Together Xander, Willow and i advance towards the library to wait for Buffy.