teacher's pet - p2

CAMILA POV

"You went hunting last night?" Giles snaps at us. Buffy and i sat in the library watching Giles pace around the room. 

"Yes." Buffy says. Giles begins making his way to his office and we follow. 

"When you assured me you wouldn't." he takes a sip from his mug and looks at us. 

"Yes, we lied, we are bad people, let's move on." Buffy waves her hands around. Giles begins opening his filing cabinet. 

"Did you see someone with a fork?" 

"More like jumbo claw." Buffy and i say simultaneously. We look at each other and giggle. 

"Oh. Well at least you're both not hurt." He smiles. 

"And i saw something else. Something much more interesting than your average run-of-the-mill vampire." I say, Buffy looks at me and then Giles. He looks up. 

"Oh?"

"Do you know Ms French, the teacher that's subbing for Dr Gregory?" i ask Giles. He looks over at me fondly. 

"Yes. Yes, she's lovely. In a, a common, extremely well proportioned way." he stammers whilst putting some files away. Buffy looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Well, i'm chasing claw guy last night, and Ms Well Proportioned is heading home. The claw guy takes one look at her and runs screaming for cover." i explain, Giles looks up confused. 

"He what? Ran away?" he asks confused, i nod my head in response. 

"He was petrified."

"Of Ms French?" Giles asks, obviously still confused. 

"Uh, huh! So i'm an undead monster than can shave with my hand...how many things am i afraid of?" Buffy points out. 

"Not many. And not substitute teachers, as a rule." Giles states. 

"So what's her deal?" i ask, looking over at Buffy. 

"I think perhaps it would be a good idea if we kept an eye on her." Giles suggests and i nod my head. 

"Then we better get to class." Buffy says. Together we pick up our books and walk out of the library. "I've just got to go look at something, i'll meet you there." I nod my head and make my way to class. I get there just as everyone is settling in. A pop quiz. We settle in and begin our quiz. 

"Keep you eyes straight ahead on your own test." the test was easy so i kept looking around the room to see how everyone was doing. I see Ms French slowly come up behind Xander. I look at them confused. "I think you meant 'pollination' for number fourteen..." she puts her hand on his shoulder before saying something else. Xander blushes, i roll my eyes. Suddenly Ms French turns around and looks at me. I quickly look back down at my test and pretend to be answering  a question. 

*

Together Buffy, Willow and i walked into the library. Buffy was telling us about what she saw Ms French do. 

"No, I'm not saying she craned her neck. We are talking full on Exorcist twist." she explains. Willow screws her face up in disgust. 

"Ouch!" she exclaims. I nod my head in agreement as we arrive at the table. I drop my bag on the floor and sit on a chair, kicking my feet onto the table. 

"Which reminds me, how come Blayne, who worked with her one-on-one yesterday, isn't here today?" Buffy asks. 

"Inquiring minds wanna know." Willow says as she drops in front of the computer.