Part 6

"So can I take you out for dinner later? I have meetings all morning but I'm free after 6." Jason explained, driving me to Yana's house.
"I'm fine with that." I smiled, Jason's thumb moving up and down on my thigh.
"Perfect. I'll pick you up here at 6:30pm." I was about to leave the car when Jason pulled me back, kissing my lips softly.
"Have a good day."
"You too." As I hopped out of the car, I saw Yana opening the door, Jason speeding off before he could be interrogated by her.
"Amy, you have a lot of explaining to do." She raised her eyebrows, a hint of a smile appearing.

"We were sitting next to each other on the plane, and we talked a lot. I didn't think we'd see each other again to be honest. Then, when I went on that walk yesterday, he was driving past me and recognized me." I paused, Yana still staring at me, telling me to carry on.
"And then we went back to his. No big deal."
"He looks rich, I saw the car he was driving."
"He runs his own business."
"Damn. A hot, rich man." Yana laughed.
"Yeah, and he's taking me out for dinner later." As I finished my sentence, I felt my phone vibrate.
Jason: wear something fancy today ;)
Me: I'll keep that in mind

Yana, Cameron and I spent the day talking and playing random games, and now I'm meeting up with Hannah. She said to meet at our old old school entrance, and even though I was confused, I didn't question it.
"What are we doing here?"
"Bring back memories, come on. I wanna take you to our place." Hannah said.
"We had a place?" I followed her to the field, making her way to the seats of where the crowd would sit.
"We spent so many nights watching the boys play football." I laughed, reminiscing of the old memories we shared.
"Remember when we were here once, and you told me about your dad?" I nodded my head.
"Well, this place is kind of like our truth spot."
"Our truth spot?" I repeated, smiling. "Okay."
"So, I have to tell you something. The thing is, it's not good." Hannah explained, looking away from me.
"What is it? What's wrong?"
"It's about." She widened her eyes, causing me to shake my head.
"You know, it's about." She widened her eyes again, as if hinting something to me.
"What? Kayden?" She nodded her head.
"You can say his name, Han."
"Right, Kayden. I need to tel, you something about Kayden."
"What is it?" After a short pause, Hannah finally woke up.
"He's not in prison anymore." My expression fell as I took in her words.
"What?"
"I know, when I found out I was almost sick. I just thought you should know."
"Yeah, Thank you for telling me. I just, I don't really know what to do now." We both slumped into the seats as we looked out onto the field, the sky starting to become darker.

He said he'd be here at 6:30, and it's now 6:40. I'm not worrying just yet as he may just be stuck in traffic, or he might still be in a meeting. I was wearing a tight fitting black dress with black heels, my long brown hair straightened and some neutral makeup. The time was now 6:52pm, and just as I was about to text Jason, I saw his black car.
"I'm so sorry sweetheart." He said as I entered the car, my face blushing at the pet name he gave me.
"It's fine." I smiled, his hand making its way to my thigh as he pulled away and started to drive.
"My meeting ran late, and then I was stuck in traffic. I'm sorry." He apologised, a hint of red covering his face. Jason embarrassed was cute.
"Honestly it's fine. Anyway, where are we going?"
"Now beautiful, that is a secret. We're about 20 minutes away."

As we climbed out of the car, Jason stood in front of me, sliding his arm around my waist as he attached his lips to mine.
"You look really beautiful, I'm very lucky." He complimented as we started to walk to the restaurant.
"Table for two, under the name Matrix." Jason said. I didn't know that was his last name.
"Yes, right this way sir." We followed the girl until she gave us two seats by the window, the view incredible.
"I'll get you your menus." She said, not looking away from Jason.
"Here you go." She said, touching his arm slightly.
"Um." Jason looked down to her name badge. "Jenna."
"Yeah."
"Can we have a new waitress?" His face had no expression as hers fell.
"No, you don't have to-" I started to say, but got stopped by Jason.
"If I want another waitress then get me another God damn waitress!" Jason exclaimed, catching me off guard. The waitress, Jenna, walked away in a huff as another waitress came.
"I am so sorry for the inconvenience." She said, giving both of us a sorry smile. She gave us our menus and then walked away. Waiting a few seconds, I looked up at Jason to see him already staring.
"What was that about?" I asked quietly.
"I'm sorry." He sighed. "I just want tonight to be about you. About us." He said, a hint of a smile. I shook my head as I started to laugh.

Jason and I were just finishing our food, the conversation slowly coming to an end.
"Do you want to stay at mine?" He asked.
"Are you asking me or telling me?" I questioned, causing him to smirk.
"Telling." He leant closer. "You look so beautiful, it's getting harder to resist myself." He said, fixing up his tie as he asked for the cheque. However, as I stood up, something caught my eye; someone.
"Babe? Are you okay?" I heard Jason's muffled voice, but I couldn't concentrate on him. I stepped closer, their face becoming clearer.
"Mom?"