Part 15

"Are we really doing this?" I asked, tucking my loose hair behind my ear.
"We sure are baby." Kayden said loudly whilst picking up Jessica and placing her on his hip, holding my hand with his other hand. We passed through the gate and made our way to board the plane, the air hostess helping us to easily find our seats. Kayden and I decided to take Jessica on a family holiday to Los Angeles; we thought it would be good for us to all go away somewhere different and see how it goes.
"Are you okay?" Kayden asked, his thumb rubbing my thigh in circular motions.
"I always feel a little sick at the start of a flight." I smiled, trying not to panic him.
"Do you need me to do anything?"
"No it's fine, just keep talking to me." I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

As I was resting my head on Kayden's shoulder, I could hear my inner voice growing louder and louder, shouting repeatedly "what the fuck are you doing Amy?". After all the pain that has been caused by him, I'm now on a plane with him and changing my life, for him. It's as if he has some sort of hold over me. Or maybe that's just love; whatever love is. I just want life to be normal for once, and having Kayden back in my life feels like one step closer to normality. I mean, I have my best friend Megan, I live in Florida which is free from all the messed up events I experienced when I lived in New York, and now finally Jessica can have a normal family with two parents, not that her life would've been any less valuable if it was just me and her, but the way she looked at Kayden just makes me think that she does in fact need him.

"We're here, baby, wake up. Come on." I heard Kaydens chuckle, him grabbing my arm with one hand and Jessica holding his other. We finally got off the plane and followed everyone until we were out of the airport entirely.
"How far away is the hotel?" I asked, looking around for a cab.
"Well actually, I booked somewhere else." Kayden stated sheepishly.
"What? Kayden I really don't want to start this holiday with a surprise." I looked at him seriously, but he just returned a cheeky grin.
"You'll love it." He waved down a cab. "Trust me".

Los Angeles is a beautiful place, but it doesn't have the atmosphere of a home town, rather only a holiday. It was pretty, but I don't see myself here, you know. I really think Florida is where I will be forever. Well, for a long time anyway. The drive wasn't too long before we arrived, but the destination shocked me. It was a gorgeous house, a huge garden and big windows revealing the beautiful interior inside.
"Whats this?" I asked as we climbed out of the cab, grabbing all our things before saying thank you to the driver as he left.
"This is where we're staying. Ive rented it for a while, thought it would feel nicer than a hotel." Kayden unlocked the door and Jessica ran in, letting out little squeals as she let her eyes wonder around.
"I love it!" She screamed, running into another room.
"I take it she likes it here." I said as I placed my bags down. The place was extremely modern, simplistic and bright.
"Maybe its a sign." Kayden shrugged.
"A sign for what?"
"I don't know." Kayden dismissed, running to chase Jessica.
"What do you wanna do? Do you wanna play or eat first?" He asked, tickling her.
"Food!" I watched them both as they interacted with each other, my heart becoming full. My 16, 17, even 18 year old self never pictured my life turning out this way, yet here I am standing here, smiling and feeling happy whilst watching my boyfriend, kinda, and daughter. I just wish my mom was here to see everything. Obviously, she could witness it as she is in fact still very much alive, but that is something I can never forgive. Nor do I want my daughter to be around.

"She's completely out." Kayden laughed as joined me on the couch. We had some food and were about to go out for a walk but Jessica was too tired, so we decided to call it a night. His body melted into the couch as his tall frame cuddled up next to me. He placed his head on my lap, looking up at me as his hand was playing with the strings on my hoodie. His bone structure was still as prominent as it used to be, and his hair was still the same dirty blonde, just a little bit longer.
"Something on my face?" He smirked.
"Yeah." I pretended to wipe something away, making him laugh and pull my body close to his. Our faces were so close now I could feel his gentle breath.
"I really really missed you." He whispered.
"I missed you too." He placed his lips on mine, so delicately as if at any moment I could break. I pulled away before it went any further.
"I know you don't feel the same right now but I love you so much, and I will protect you forever. I won't let you down again."
"I've heard that before." I sighed, causing him to sigh too.
"If we're gonna do this, you need to forgive me." He sat up so now we were facing each other in a less tense position.
"I will, it just takes time." I replied, looking into his deep blue eyes.
"Maybe we need more change. An even more of a fresh start." I furrowed my brows as he placed his hand on my thigh and starting drawing little circles with his thumb.
"Why not stay here." I waited for him to either laugh or tell me he was joking, but he stayed dead silent.
"Kayden, are you serious? Do you hear yourself? You've only just come back into my life and now you want me to move state with you? I'm sorry but that's way too much to ask. I thought we were just gonna have a nice holiday but now you've ruined it and-"
"Woah, woah, Amy, breathe." Kayden soothed as he pulled me into his chest. "There's no rush, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up. I was just caught up in the moment, forget I said anything." He kissed the top of my head as I slithered my arms around his waist.
"It's okay, I'm just overwhelmed."
"I know."

Hey! I am SO sorry I haven't posted in ages, I've just had a complete writers block. But now I'm back.