-Chapter 5: Watch the way you rule

Authors note

Dedicated to @KenlynnMalik who wanted to see Zayn get spanked over wanting to spank one of the boys with a belt, when they didn't deserve it. 
Their prompt:
@KenlynnMalik "Could you maybe do one where Zayn is going to use the belt on one of them and Louis says no and Zayn does it anyway so Louis bends him over the couch in front of the other boys, and they are all the ages they are now?" 

- - -

"Zayn n-no! Please I'm sorry!" Niall sobbed as both boys entered the house, making the other three members look up in confusion from where they had been peacefully watching TV. 
Zayn came in dragging Niall along with a firm grip on his bicep, dropping their bags of groceries on the kitchen counter before starting to try and make his way upstairs while Niall was struggling against him. 

"Niall stop it!" Zayn shouted while Niall yanked his arm free, speeding away from Zayn and into the living room where the other boys were, crashing into Louis' chest and grabbing onto him as if his life depended on it.
Louis huffed at the weight that suddenly jumped onto him and looked up dumbfounded at Zayn who came in speeding after Niall.

"Niall James! Come here now!" Zayn growled which made Niall sob into Louis' chest while tightening his grip. "Noo!" Niall cried, at which Zayn reached forward to collect Niall himself.

"Zayn, stop!" Louis said wrapping an arm around Niall, sensing something must be going on. Sure, none of the boys liked getting spanked and there was usually a scene before one of them was disciplined but this situation felt off, and Louis needed to make sure what was going on.
"Liam, Harry please go upstairs and play some games or something, yeah? I need to talk to these two alone." Louis said calmly, trying to reduce Niall's sobs by gently rubbing his back while Harry and Liam quietly left, closing the door on their way out. 

"What happened?" Louis asked, continuing to rub circles into Niall's back as the blonde cried into his chest. 
"I'll tell you what fucking happened!" Zayn spat. "We were at the store, he whined about needing a new football so we got him one. Then he couldn't stop bugging me about wanting a different kind of candy than the ones we got. I wouldn't give it to him. He was sulking all the way to the car and being a downright brat about it. When we get to the car I tell him to get in. He doesn't want to. I tell him I'll return the football right this second if he doesn't get in and like a child, he throws a temper tantrum, kicking the ball right into the car and leaving a huge dent!" Zayn was nearly yelling, glaring at the blonde in Louis' arm. "So I promised to take a belt to him the second we got home, which is what he'll get."

Louis' eyes widened slightly and Niall let out a loud sob at the story that was being told. "No! I'm sorry!" He wailed. Louis shushed him. "Alright.." He started. "Zayn you have every right to spank Niall. What he did was wrong and he'll pay for the repair and apparently needs a reminder on how to behave at the store but he doesn't deserve a belt taken to him." Louis said calmly, keeping eye contact with Zayn even though he was glaring at him. 

"Niall was in my custody when it happened, so I decide his punishment." Zayn spat back. 
"Absolutely not." Louis frowned at Zayn. "We, not you or me, we have a responsibility for these boys so we will decide their punishments. Zayn you're mad about your car, which is clearly clouding your judgment. You will not take a belt to him. You'll calm down and give him the spanking he deserves. I'm serious Zayn, don't let me find out anything else." Louis warned glaring back at Zayn before turning to Niall who was still silently crying. "Niall, you'll go upstairs and wait in Zayn's room. No, don't get yourself worked up again. You know you deserve a spanking, we don't tolerate that kind of behavior. But he won't actually hurt you. You know this." Louis soothed pressing a kiss to Niall's forehead, who whined but quietly made his way out of the room.