Chapter 7

I sighed as the sky opened up, rain soaking me to the bones in a matter of minutes. My wet hair was plastered to my head, rainwater rolling down the back of my neck. I crouched over my duffle bag, protecting it from the rain. I heard footsteps in the rain and a shout. "Give me your money!" A thug barked.

I lept up, facing the thug. "No," I snapped, and he pointed a Berta M9 pistol at me. I ran up to him and slammed my knee where the sun does not shine. He doubled over in pain, and I grabbed the gun. I kicked him in the head repeatedly, knocking him out.

I grabbed the holster from his belt and the magazines in his pocket, along with the money in his wallet. "Idiot. Didn't anyone teach not to mug a girl?" I muttered, nudging him with my foot. Deciding my spot wasn't safe, I grabbed my stuff and moved locations. As I wandered around, looking for a new spot, I smelled fresh bread. It was coming from an empty bakery.

My hunger winning over my reason, I looked around to see if anyone was around. When I didn't see anybody, I set my stuff down and pulled out a hairpin. I picked the lock, opened the door, and slipped inside with my stuff. I made a beeline to the back, where fresh loaves of bread were sitting on a cooling rack. I went over and stabbed it with a knife, making sure it was okay.

I picked the loaf up and took a whiff of the bread. My mouth flooded with saliva, so I used my knife and cut away part of the loaf. After downing that piece, I ate another. Soon, the entire loaf was gone. I went prowling around the kitchen for anything else to eat.

I found bags of bagels and stole a few from various bags. I stuffed them in my duffel after taking another bag to put them in. Not taking any further chances, I slipped back out onto the street. The sweet smell of fresh bread coming from my bag was intoxicating in a way. A wailing siren in the distance caused me to run to the alley, scoop up my bassoon, and weave through the back streets of New York.

3rd Person POV

"Sir, she's on the move," Romanoff reported, watching the 12-year-old round a corner out of sight. "Then what are you waiting for? Follow her," Fury ordered, and Natasha took her finger off the com. She had been tracking this girl for weeks since the lab accident that cost her her leg. She was seen as a potential threat, earning her a spot on their People of Interest list. With a sigh, Romanoff added in possession of a pistol to the file.

Fury paced back and forth in his office, eye flicking to the street every so often. Since Dr. Banner's disappearance last year, he was determined to keep a close eye on the new enhanced individual running around New York. Which is why he had tasked Romanoff with keeping an eye on the individual. He sat down at his desk, deciding to take another look at the file. Name: Eleanor Peyton 'Ellie' Scotch, Last Known Address: 35 Lenox Avenue, DOB: September 9th, 1998, Status: Targetted, Previous Address: 67 Old Post Road. Documentation Citizenship: United States, Place of Birth: Asheville, North Carolina, Race: Caucasian, Gender: Female, Dental: None, Languages: English, Title: Target, Height: 5'10", Weight: 87.3 lbs, Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue.

Identifiable Markings: Right prosthetic leg, Family: Sean Lucas Scotch DECEASED 1-27-2010, Peyton Caroline Scotch DECEASED 7-12-2006 Education: Mills River Elementary, Asheville, North Carolina, 2004-2008, River East Elementary, Manhattan, New York, 2008-2009, East Side Middle, Manhattan, New York, 2009-Present Employment: None Current Employment: None. Points of Interest: Subject survived Scotch Lab Explosion and King Cobra bite, believed to be radioactive. Currently homeless, loose on streets of Manhattan, in possession of a pistol.

WARNING: POTENTIALLY HIGHLY VOLATILE BEING. DO NOT ENGAGE IF ENCOUNTERED.

New a/n I changed the dates around a bit so they would make sense with the timeline.