Chapter 17

No one raised their hand, and I sighed. "Today just keeps getting better," I muttered. "Alright. When I get to three, you're all gonna rush out of the building and run as fast as you can to the authorities. They can help you. 1...2...3!" As soon as I said three, everyone ran out of the doors I was holding open, running towards the army men and the cops. "Guys, I can close it! I can shut the portal down," Red hair said over the com. "Do it!" Cap said.

"No, wait!" Stark said. "Stark, these things are still coming," Cap said. "I've got a nuke coming. It's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it," Stark said. "Stark, you know that's a one-way trip," Cap warned. "Save the rest for the--" I couldn't make out what Stark said.

Up in the air, I saw Iron Man flying through the city with the nuke above him. He flew up, and straight into the portal. After about a minute, all the aliens swarming me collapsed, signaling that Stark had done it. "Close it," Cap said, and after a bit, the portal started closing. But just before it did, a red and gold object fell through.

"Son of a gun," Steve said. But Stark didn't slow down, and the Hulk lept through the air, catching Stark and slamming into the side of a building. A roar echoed through the streets, and soon after, Cap, Stark, Banner, Thor, and Barton came up to me. "Come on, we're not finished yet," Cap said. We all went up to the destroyed floor of Stark Towers.

As we went up, I looked around, my eyes wide in wonder and excitement. "Pretty cool, I know," Stark muttered. We met up with Red hair and went into one of the rooms, where a very injured man was sitting on the steps. He turned to us, Barton aiming an arrow at his face, Red hair holding the scepter, and I had a gun trained on the side of his head. He glanced around at all of us, his eyes lingering on me and I put the gun a little closer as a warning.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now,"