ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ - ɴᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ

THE BORDER BETWEEN THE JUNGLE AND MESA KINGDOMS

Oli stood on the riverbend. A mass of the Jungle army behind him. He looked across the stream. The soldiers of the Mesa were in line. A group on horseback came to the forefront.

Oli tilted his head to the side. Would this be the start of an all out war? He saw King Scott dismount from his horse. Beside him was a lady, seemingly of noble status.

Scott approached the waters of the river that seperated their kingdoms. He stared at Oli, his head bowed to the ground.

"There has been new developments on our issue." Scott spoke first. "Queen Meghan, of the Swamplands," he turned and gestured to the woman who rode next to him. "Has accused the Corrupted Kingdom for the acts against Zae Phyrr, and claims that the Jungle had nothing to do with it."

Oli opened his mouth to speak.

"What do you say, King Oli?" Scott intercepted.

Oli closed his mouth and raised his eyebrows. He did not enjoy being interrupted, but he shrugged it off.

"I agree with the Swamp Queen. I never ordered my men to burn the village."

Scott nodded slowly, considering what had been said and what had to be done.

Meghan watched the two interact. A part of her almost forgot they were on the verge of war. One wrong move, and everything could change.

"Well, I say we must do something about this." Scott looked to Meghan, then back to Oli.

Oli rubbed his chin. "Yes, but what?"

Scott circled to address his soldiers. "My noble warriors. My people. I must ask you here, today. Would you take up arms for your country?" There were scattered agreements in the crowd.

"Would you march for your fellow men? Would you fight for your brothers and sisters?" The soldiers began to shout 'yes' as a response.

"Will you allow me to lead you? Will you follow me into battle? Will you slay our enemies at my side?" The army screamed as one.

"Will you join me in fighting the Corrupted Kingdom? Will you lend your hand in our revenge?"

Every soldier raised their weapons to the sky. Their voices echoed. Meghan's mouth fell open. Never in her life has she seen anything like this.

"Then we march to the Corrupted Kingdom!"

Oli turned to his guard. "I need to learn how to do that," he said, pointing to Scott. "Tell the General that we will join the Mesa."

The three rulers faced each other. Oli nodded to Scott, as a sign of alliance, for now. Scott nodded back in thanks.

As much as Meghan hated the inkling of war, she knew that Lauren has to be held responsible for her actions against both Kingdoms. The most surprising of which, is the fact that she tried to spark war in an already tense environment.

"King Scott, could I just say that it may be brash to declare war on the Corrupted Kingdom. We don't know, it could be a huge misunderstanding." Meghan explained.

"Did you hear her say that she sent the men who burned down my village?" Scott questioned.

"Well...yes."

"Then this is the right course of action. She wants war? Then she'll have it."

"I shall allow your forces to cross this border, but only now." Oli declared. "I say we head to Vyn, our capital city, perhaps take a break there."