My Only Hope

**Don't comment if you're not going to vote!!**

Houston, Texas

Tears streaming down Onika's face as she quickly grabbed her belongings, placing them in a bookbag. Her 1 week year old son, was in the broken crib, crying his eyes out, wanting some milk in his belly. Broken and upset as the father of her child finally decided to get rid of her and kick her out. Yelling insults into Onika's ears and hitting her as Nicki just stood there breaking down, having almost a panic attack.

"Where the fuck Ima go Kenny?" Nicki sobbed. Her head was already pounding her from all the crying she's been doing for the last 20 minutes.

"I don't give a FUCK where you go, I don't need you around me ever again! You're a waste of time and a fucking disappointment, all you do is sit around," Kenny yelled as her threw more of her clothes at her.

"Kenny we have a child together! Think about our child," Nicki cried as she picked up her dirty, cheap clothes. 

"Fuck you and that baby, that shit is not even mine," Kenny says as he fell back on the broken bed.

"Kenny, I'm going to be homeless! I don't know anybody down here! I don't have no friends or families. You're the only person I know and could depend on and now you're kicking me out?" Nicki sobbed. "What did I even do? I did absolutely nothing to you."

"Onika get the fuck out. Who cares if you end up homeless. I don't need you in my space, I can't believe I even took you in."

"I did nothing to you Kenneth. All I ever did was make sure this house was always clean, cooked your meals, and carried your son in my stomach and this is how you repay me?" Nicki asked. The warm tears felt like it was burning against her skin. "You didn't want me to have a job or even go to a community college, what else was I suppose to fucking do but to sit in this house and cook your meals!?

"I should've never cuffed you up," Kenny says shaking his head. "I don't know why I decided to bring you down here," He mumbled.

"Yea I don't know why either! You made me leave New York because you said you hated my family and that you were going to give me a better life in Texas!! You said you LOVED ME! And now look how you repay me!" Nicki screamed. "I should've listened to my mother and stayed in New York."

"You done?" Kenny asked as he lit up his blunt. "You standing here screaming ain't going to make me keep you. You and this child could get the fuck up outta my house, yall wasting my time."

"Ok Kenneth," Was all Onika said as she stuffed the rest of her clothes and important documents in her book bag. She also grabbed some remaining diapers, stuffing them in her bag before putting the bag on her back. Next she went over to her son, Kaiden who was still crying, Nicki picked him up and bounced him lightly in her arms. Trying to calm him down, rubbing his small back.  

"Can you at least give me some money? About $30 for some food?" Nicki asked.

"You crazy as fuck," Kenny says chuckling. "I'm not going to tell you again Nicki, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE," Kenny roared. Onika chocked on her tears as she looked down to the dirty, hardwood floor.

"Have a nice life Kenneth, I wish you the best and all but I just want you to know that karma is a bitch," Nicki says as she walked out of small bedroom. Getting into the living room, Nicki placed her tiny child into the stroller that Kenneth found in a nearby dumpster a few weeks ago. With Nicki having no job and Kenneth only selling drugs, they were both extremely poor and was living in a bad and poor condition.

The small apartment they were living in, was invested with mice and roaches. The apartment was horrible, it was old, small, dirty and had a foul smell. Even though Nicki hated living here, she had no other choice but too. Everyday she would wake feeling dirty and everyday she will go to sleep feeling dirty. They barely ever had clean water in the apartment and sometimes they would go weeks without having water or electricity.