iii / grocery store

—; third meetingit was not the last one

—; third meeting
it was not the last one. sehun, turns out, still has a chance.

a month later, he was in a grocery store, choosing between two brands of milk. sehun bites his lower lip while thinking on which one to buy, furrowing his brows as he does so. and when he came up with a decision, he lightly shrugs and put one of them in the basket while the other was placed back on its former position.

he was about to turn around when a force collide with his left shoulder, accompanied by an "oof" and an "oh!". it doesn't hurt that much, but it still hurt. wanting to not be rude and make the stranger squirm in embarrassment, sehun doesn't show any pained expression. he holds his infamous poker face. he's not only good at being completely expressionless, he's also good at maintaining it.

"sh*t— sorry, man! i'm really sorry! are you hurt? did i got your shoulder injured? sh-should i take you to the hospital?" sehun was at a loss of words when the stranger suddenly rambled to him, his eyes wide in worry.

and then he hears a laugh. "idiot! you think that will injure his shoulder? what are you made out of, yeol?" the teasing and very amused laughter was heard again.

sehun faces his right where he sees two men heading towards them; one of them has a maroon hoodie while the other wears a simple black t-shirt and a cap. the one wearing the hoodie was the one laughing loudly, he's even holding his stomach. the other one—

oh my god. is that him?

"shut up, jongdae! and you, yixing, if you catch me i won't be hurting others and embarrassing myself here!"

yixing.

his name is yixing.

right? because he said 'shut up' to jongdae, and the only one making loud sounds out of the two of them is the guy in the hoodie. so that means the handsome stranger beside him (the one that came into sehun's dream, weird, i know right) is yixing.

yixing.

it's a beautiful name.

"it's not my fault you're extra clumsy." yixing lets out a chuckle and sehun wishes his cheeks aren't turning crimson red. his breathing gets heavy as his heart beat erratically. "hey, i'm sorry for my clumsy friend here. are you okay?" yixing meets his eyes, lips curling up into that dimpled smile of his.

sehun's pretty sure he has his jaw drop on the floor.

"uh," the three men exchange worried and confused looks. "are you alright?" the one bumping into him (yeol, isn't it?) said.

sehun shakes his head. "yeah, yeah. i'm..." he looks into yixing's eyes. "...i'm fine."

the silence was broken when yixing's phone ring, the other pulling it out of his pocket and read the caller's name. "it's byunbaek." he slides his thumb on the screen to answer the call. "what's up?" sehun and the other two strangers watch him with curious looks. yixing suddenly widen his eyes, eyebrows raising up, "alright, alright! we're on our way!" he ends the call and shove the phone into his pocket, giving his friends a look.

"hey, man, we gotta go." this time it was the yeol guy who talked to him, catching sehun's attention onto him. "again, i'm really really sorry!" and then the three were running towards the exit, yelling out sorry's and bye's.

sehun was left blinking at their running figures, his right hand still holding the basket. sighing, he covers his eyes with his other hand. he's so close. so close.

isn't third time suppose to be a charm? why does he keep on loosing him?