v / fireworks

—; fifth meetingsehun gulps down the drink minseok gave him, a bit pissed off by everything

—; fifth meeting
sehun gulps down the drink minseok gave him, a bit pissed off by everything. his mood isn't good currently, thanks to his job and the lack of sleep. every night after he did his job and throw his body onto his bed, he can't help but stare at the empty space next to him, a certain someone filling up his mind. it must be nice to have yixing in there with him. it must be nice to come to bed with someone waiting for him with open arms and a warm smile, caressing his hair and telling him everything will be okay.

it must be nice.

"yah! stop brooding! we're in a party!" jongin shoves his shoulder playfully, drinking from his own cup. "look around, hun. there are plenty of people here. you'll find someone."

sehun frowns at that. he doesn't want them.

"dude, you met him four times. i think it's very possible for you two to meet again." minseok said from beside him. "i think it's fate."

sehun wants to think so too.

"but don't let the stranger stop you from seeing anyone else." jongin butted in. "like, that guy next to junmyeon. or that blonde girl. or that guy with pearl earring."

sehun rolls his eyes. how many times does he have to tell jongin that he's not int—

wait.

what did he say?

"what?"

jongin doesn't even spare him a look as he continues to ramble on. "or that brunette. she's cute. oh! or that girl, the one vaping."

sehun can't believe his eyes.

right there leaning on the wall is yixing. he's wearing a simple oversized graphic tee and he looks really amazing. he's talking to a friend and laughing. sehun watch as his raises his right hand, the red cup
meeting his plump lips as he gulps it all down in one go.

sehun doesn't avert his eyes when their gazes meet. yixing was still smiling when he noticed sehun's eyes on him. sehun sees the realization in yixing's eyes, he knows yixing recognize him.

"yah, hun! are you even listening to me?" he heard jongin grumbled but he pays no mind.

"go get him." minseok nudge him with his elbow, a knowing smile on his face.

and he stands up. he makes his way towards yixing who still haven't break eye contact with him. his friend realizes yixing was staring somewhere else and he turns his head to see what got his attention. when his eyes land on sehun, his eyebrows raise up and he looks back at yixing, studying his star-struck face. realization dawns on him. he bites down to prevent a smile from taking over his face as he bid his goodbye, a teasing glint in his eyes as he gives one more look towards sehun.

when sehun finally takes the final step, he part his lips to say something. but the words never fall out of his mouth. seeing yixing this close makes his brain stop working. he looks ethereal.

sehun was completely whipped.

"hey. we met at the... grocery store, did we?" yixing was the one who broke the silence.

sehun nods. "yeah. you bumped into me in the brockhampton show too."

yixing widen his eyes, shock written all over his face. "that was you?!"

the taller lets out a small smile. yixing is cute. "yeah."

"i'm really sorry!"

"it's alright. i don't mind." he really doesn't. he lifts his hand, "i'm sehun."

yixing blink once before slowly accepting his mind, still shock over the fact that sehun is the one he bumped into a long time ago. and sehun remembered him. "i'm yixing."

the words 'i know' almost came out of his lips.

"hey, xing!" a loud voice calling out for yixing suddenly came from behind him. the two of them turn their heads towards the source of the sound. sehun assume this guy is yixing's friend. the stranger finds sehun's eyes and he stop on his tracks in surprise, looking kind of taken aback. "oh? you found someone to kiss already? i knew it!" he groans, turning around and walks away. "i can't believe chanyeol told me to find you a kissing partner. i told him already that you must've find someone already." he continues to ramble as walks away, leaving yixing and sehun blushing.

"um... sorry about that. please ignore baekhyun. he's an idiot." yixing lets out a sheepish smile, his cheeks dusted pink and sehun just wants to caress his cheek with his thumb.

"kissing partner?"

yixing nods, not meeting his eyes. "yeah. you know, it's a new year party."

sehun blinks. "i... i don't mind."

yixing raises his gaze to meet sehun's, frowning in confussion. "huh?"

sehun takes a small step forward, feeling a little bold. he lost his chance to introduce himself to yixing four times. he won't let this one slide. not again. he's had enough. "i don't mine to be your kissing partner."

the shorter stares back at him with surprise, his cheeks getting red and he looks flustered. "um,"

"ten! nine! eight!"

yixing's eyes widen at the sudden loud sound, looking at the time on his watch. his mouth was forming an 'O' when he realized the time. "sh*t. let's go!" he takes sehun by his hand, intertwining their fingers. sehun doesn't stop the wide smile on his face.

"five! four! three!"

they're now in the rooftop. it was crowded, but sehun doesn't mind.

"two! one!"

sehun doesn't know who leans in first; him or yixing. just when everyone yells out 'happy new year' and the fireworks can be heard, their lips meet. sehun places his hands around yixing's waist, pulling him close to his body. yixing reciprocates by putting his palms on his jaw, his thumb caressing sehun's right cheek gently.

sehun wants to scream out in happiness. he lost his chance with yixing four times. it's been five months since he first saw yixing. and now here he is, with yixing in his arms and his lips on his own.

life is pretty good.