Day 4: Back on two feet

Blue got her appetite back pretty quick.
Walking around still gave her a lot of pain. But everyone helped out with feeding her, changing her and washing her. It was like having a little kid in the house.

It was around 6:30 PM when Blue was Resting on the couch and Matt gently shook her shoulder.
"Hey, kid, wake up, your baths ready."
Blue's eyes fluttered open as Matt carried her to the bathroom and sat her down on a chair.

He carefully undressed her, making sure her clothes didn't rub up against her still-healing wounds. Once again, he scooped her up and gently placed her in the bath. Blue winced in pain and shut her eyes as she clenched onto the sides of the bathtub.
"You alright?" Asked Matt.
"Yeah, I'm ok. Just hurts sometimes, you know?"

Matt didn't know, but he nodded anyway. Blue sat there very still as Matt lightly washed her aching body.
"Hey, kid, I'm gonna go grab your towel and clothes. You gonna be ok?" Asked Matt.
"Yeah, I'll be right." Said Blue with a weak smile.

When Matt came back, he nearly slipped over. There was water everywhere and in the middle of it, all was Blue and Mace. Mace was leaning over Blue doing chest compressions and mouth to mouth. Poor Blue was sprawled out on the floor her chest rising and falling as Mace tried to revive her.

"What in hell's going on here!?" Yelled Matt.
"I found the bloody kid under the bloody water in the bloody bath!" Panted Mace. Blue began to splutter and cough up mouthfuls of water. Mace turned her over to her side as she coughed up some more.

"It's ok kid, it's ok." She soothed. She took Blue by the shoulders and hugged her cold naked body tight."Shhhhhhh, it's ok."

Blue sobbed and spluttered some more and Matt slumped down on the chair with his head in his hands.

"I shouldn't have left you, kid," he held back tears.
"This is all my fault."

"You bet. If I didn't accidentally Walt's on in here and see the kid half-drowned then, yeah it-"

"NO!" Blue sputtered.
"It's my fault."
"What do you mean kid?" Asked Matt.
"I went to stand up, to see if I could get out of the tub by myself, but I slipped and hit my head on the edge."

Mace gently touched the back of Blue's head. She yelped and buried her face into Macy's shoulder. Mace's fingers now appeared to be dipped in blood as if by magic. Matt sat up and ran to the kitchen and came back with paper towels, and held them to the back of Blue's head.

"What's going on?" Asked Blue.
"Nothing kid, you're ok." Replied Mace.

Mace snatched the towel from Matt and wrapped it around Blue. Matt carried Blue in his arms to Kathy's room, apologising as he carefully laid her down on the bed.

"I'll get Kath," said Mace.
"No, she's gonna kill me!" Complained Matt.

But Kath was already standing in the doorway with a stern stare, she left the room and came back with a patch.
"Here this will stop the bleeding" she carefully peeled the plastic off and gently pressed it to the back of her head. Blue winced and sharply inhaled through her teeth.

"I'm sorry kid," Kathy said sadly, she rolled her over back onto her back and tucked Blue's hair behind her ear.

"How is she?" Asked Tam and Charlie. As Kathy, Matt and Mace left the room.
"Good, she fell asleep before we even left"
"That's good, she needs rest." Said Carson.

I nodded my head in agreement.

Blue's head injury healed pretty quick she was back on two feet in no time. No hospital needed. The only bad thing was, was that she couldn't stay at Kathy's forever, eventually, she had to go back home, with her dad. Such a shame, her bruises and cuts had just healed.

A/N: Thank you for all the reads, do you have any suggestions? I'm open!