Day 10: Plan A

Today was Monday, in just five days, the war would commence, and not all of us would leave alive.

Kathy didn't want to send us to school for the week, better to be safe than sorry. I got up early for once and headed out to the kitchen, everyone was eating, and turned to glance at me before turning back.

I couldn't tell whether they were concerned or confused. After all, they didn't understand what Blue and I did.

We ate in silence for once, but it wasn't a comfortable silence, the air seemed to be filled with tension and anticipation. Half of us wanted this fight to commence and the other half would rather not.

But we're family, and we had to stick together. No matter what, whether you like it or not.

Blue and I had both agreed not to bring up the topic of the couch, for we feared they may not believe us or discard our worries as an excuse not to participate in the hight, so we kept quiet throughout the day.

We were sitting on the couch watching TV, pretending to be amused, although everyone's minds were somewhere else as if we were waiting for the silence to be broken but no one had enough courage to break it. But of course, someone had to do the deed and that person was Kathy.

"Okay, listen up, I know some of us want this and some if we don't, but we shouldn't be at war with each other! It's those College kids! So let's stop this nonsense okay?! Let's put aside our differences for once, and try to figure out a plan where we all make this out alive!"

That last part she said made me gasp as a shiver went down my spine, Blue swallowed nervously and averted her eyes to the ground.

"Clair?Blue? You all good?"
I forced a weak smile in return, but I don't think it was convincing enough.

"If you know something, you need to tell us, understand?"

"I don't know anything." I managed to rasp out. She gave us a concerning look but continued.

"Guys, we need a plan, we need weapons. Guns."

She was right, we should be doing what we do best: Defying all odds and making it through together as best as we could. The plan was easier said than done, but we had no other choice.

Charlie, Tam, and Matt were to go to Blue's house. (She informed us about his decent collection of guns and other weapons) so with her guidance, they should be able to make it in and out of the basement without him even noticing.

And since Carson and Kathy were the most responsible, they were going to make a batch of Molotov cocktails. after all, we had plenty of alcohol and empty beer bottles.

And mace and I were to patrol the neighborhood to make sure the college kids weren't creeping around.