Chapter 4

Flashback

I heard a knock on my office door.

"Come in" I said. Lizie, my secretary entered and had a brown envelope in hand. She placed the envelope on my desk.

"What is that?" I said not looking up at her.

"Proof." Was all she said. I looked up at her with a confused look on my face.

"Proof on what?" I asked.

"See for yourself." Was all she said and left my office. I grabbed the envelope and opened it.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. I felt angry.

"She didn't, couldn't" right? I whispered to myself my hand covering my mouth. It was Scarlette having sex with another man. There was a usb inside the folder.

I hesitated to plug it in my computer but did it anyways. By now I was fuming. It's Scarlette kissing other men and taking money from them.

I stood up and walked out of my office.

"CANCEL ALL MY MEETINGS FOR TODAY!" I shouted at Lizzie.

I called my lawer to bring divorce papers to the mansion. I drove home to where my wife should be. I burst open the door making a loud bang.

"Is everything alright La--" I interrupted her.

"Don't call me you fucking bitch! All you know is to whore around." I shouted out at her. She jumped by my sudden outburst.

"Lance, sit down first and let's ta--" I cut her off again.

"SHUT UP WHORE!" I shouted out. "You gold digging bitch!" I said. "WHY DID I EVEN MARRY YOU?!" That made her froze. I saw her eyes watering but she didn't let them drop.

"What?" Her voice breaking. I wanted to hug her so badly and say sorry to her but I was too angry to focus on her.

"Don't pretend. You know what you did." I said to her. The door opened and in came my lawyer.

"Mr. , the papers are here." I took the papers from him and threw it at her.

"Sign the damn papers. I don't want a cheater as a wife." I said disgusted by her.

"I never cheated on you! You have to believe me. Please Lance. Let's talk." She said.

"There's proof that you've been with other men and taking their money." I said.

"Don't try talking to me. I never thought I would marry such a woman like you. I'm so glad Lizie shown me your true slef." I said coldly.

I heard her giggle darkly. I looked at her angrily.

"You believe your secretary more than your wife huh?" She paused for a while. "She sould've been your wife instead of me because I'm such a vixen." She said coldly. I can hear her voice slightly breaking but I did nothing.

"I believe her because she has proof of you whoring around." I said to her.

She grabbed a pen from the counter and signed the divorce paper and took off her ring and necklace. She left it there and gave me her best fakest smile.

"I don't want to see you EVER AGAIN." I said. She nodded her head and walked passed me.

"I'll leave first Mr. Micheal and I assure you, I won't let you see me again." She said and left without looking back.