Chapter 7

Adam's POV

Mommy was acting very strange this morning. Bringing that Uncle up to her room to 'talk.' I was snapped out by mommy calling me.

"Did you hear what I said?" Mommy asked gently. I shook my head.

"I said you have to be good at the company okay? I don't want you getting into trouble." She said. I tilted my head and playfully said.

"Am I not always good to mommy?" I asked with a smile on my face. Mommy sighed and shook her head playfully.

"Mommy knows you're a very good boy. But still you have to behave for mommy, okay?" She said and looked through the rear view mirror. I nodded my head and smiled.

"Trust me mommy, I will be a good boy." I said.

When we arrived at the company, she picked me up and took the laptop from me.

"Mommy, I can walk. You don't have to pick me up." I retorted and made a angry face.

"Okay, Okay, I'll let you go once we're inside the building. I don't want your feet to be burnt by the floor." She said. I said nothing and wrapped my arms around her neck.

When we were inside, she put me down as she promised and I followed behind her. Many workers looked at me in shock.

"Look! President brought her son along. The little guy's cute."

"He's soo cute, I just want to squeez and hug him!"

I heard all the workers say. I became shy and hid behind my mommy's legs. She stopped walking and looked at me. Her smile was sweet and kind. She picked me up and continued walking torwards the elevator.

"Everyone please continue your wok." She said authoratively and all the employee's started working at once.

"Is my baby alright? So many people love you aleady. Will the love you have for me fade away as you grow?" She said and kissed my cheek. I looked at her and said:

"I will only love my mommy in my life!" She giggled and that brought a smile to my face.

"I am the only special person in my baby's heart." She said and hugged me tightly.

Scarlette's POV

As we come up to my office I heard my assistant calling me. I turned around and looked at her.

"Miss, the board meeting is in 5 minutes and the directors are already there." She said. I nodded and turned back and entered my office. I placed Adam on the couch. I crouch to his level and kissed his forehead.

"Mommy, when will you be back?" He asked.

"In about 2-3 hours. Promise mommy you'll be a good boy and behave." I said and he nodded.

"I promise" He said. I left my office and was now headed to the meeting.

--------

The meeting took longer than I expected. With all the things running in my mind, I quickly got back up to my office. Once I was inside I saw Adam absorbed in his laptop. He didn't hear me when I opened and closed my door.

I aproached behind the couch and saw what he was absorbed in. My eyes widened in shock when I was what he was doing.

"What are you doing?" I said. He jumped in shock and quickly closed his laptop and turned back to me.

"Mommy, you don't sneak up on me." He said.

"I didn't, I called you 3 times but you were so engrosed in what you were doing." I said. He tensed up and looked down.

"Care to explain to me." I said in a firm voice. He was just silent and didn't look up at my eyes. He was tugging his shirt and I hear a slight sniff.

It makes my heart break when he's like this, but he can't just do those things without my permission. I sighed. I walked infront of him and crouched down. I hugged him and kissed his forehead.

"Please explain to mommy what you were doing in that site." I said softly.

"I..." He stopped and slowly lifted his head up with his slightly reddend ees and stuffy nose. My heart breaks every time he's like this. I hug him again and comfort him.

"Please don't cry anymore. Mommy isn't mad at you, mommy is just asking." I said quietly patting his head gently.

"I...I just wanted to get information from of uncle lance..." He said and he sniffed.

"Mommy..." he said and place his head on my chest.

"Yes?"

"Is Uncle Lance...my daddy?"

The moment he said that my body tensed.

"He looks like me." He said and looked at me.

"You want to meet him?" I asked avoiding the question he asked. He nodded and I hugged him.

"Okay. Mommy will call him after I'm done with some papers, okay?" I said and picked up Adam. He yawned and looked very sleepy. I took him to the other room where there was a bed toys. I placed him on the bed and left the room.

When I finished work it was almost lunch time. Remembering my conversation with my son a few hours ago, I hesitantly pick up my phone and called him.

"Hello?" I was silent, I felt my throat dry. "If this is a prank you'll be recieving legal actions for--" I interrupted.

"I-it's me." I said. The phone on the other side was silent before he spoke again.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" He asked softly. My heart started to pound faster.

"Uh...can you come by my company. Adam wants to meet you." I said.

"He wants to meet me?" He said questionably.

"H-he knows your his father." I stuttered. And again the phone was silent.

"It's alright if you can't come. You are a very busi--" he interuppted me.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes." He said. I hung up after he said that. At this point I don't even know what I'm feeling.

■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•
Sorry for the short chapter today.

I'm sorry for not uploading for a while. I've been having a hard time making this story. I have days when I have a big brain idea and most days having a small brain, you know? I feel like that.

I'm not good in writing either, I just wanted to do this for fun. Didn't really think anyone would find this but here you guys are and I appriciate it so much. Thank you. I will try my best to upload more often.

BYE!❤❤❤