Chapter 7: Preparing for War

Two weeks later

In the past two weeks the Gremory and Gusion families along with Sirzechs and Ajuka have been hiding out in an abandoned castle near the Gusion territory. During this time they have been trying to get into contact with allies to help them retake Underworld. After getting into contact with those they could, the group was able to find that the houses of Glasya-Labolas, Astaroth, Gremory (who are all with the current group), and Phenex remain loyal to the devil kings and have been fighting against the rule of Hades. All the other remaining devil houses have submitted to Hades rule and have been rewarded for doing so. Most of these houses have suffered heavy losses. Due to their immortality the Phenex house was leading the resistance until recently when Lord Phenex was killed by Diehauser Belial. Ruval has taken over as the family head of the Phenex clan. Not wanting to draw attention to them, Sirzechs has ordered his peerage to remain spread out and to prepare to attack from multiple directions, so as to prevent the enemy from finding them. As of now those on the outskirts of the Gusion territory are discussing their next move.

Rias: "I think that it would be best for us to try and conquer land as we go. Even though we don't have the forces to hold it, we could gain allies by doing this."

Grayfia: "Doing this would alert the enemy to our presence and would be too costly."

Rias: "My guess is that before long Hades will figure out that we are here. I am sure that he has spies everywhere. Also that traitor Azazel I am sure told him of our plan."

Ajuka: "Yes I am sure that Hades is well aware of the plan that we originally had. That being said I don't think he will be too concerned. My guess is that he will send forces to wear us down and then when we are weak send his actual attack force to finish us."

Zeoticus: "What do you recommend we do then?"

Ajuka: "The way I see it regardless of what action we take, Hades will be rather well prepared for it as soon as he knows where we are at. To avoid this we should not alert him to our presence for as long as possible."

Ravel: "While we are being so cautious more people could be dying. With the Belial clan helping them they can make most of our powers rather mute. Our best bet would be to convince other devil clans to join us."
Sirzechs: "Most of them have given up faith in the Four Great Satans. As it is there are only two of us left, so we don't really have much authority anymore."

Rias: "Despite that you are well respected brother. I am sure that the devils will listen if we can get to them."

Zeoticus: "I agree, that we could probably convince several other clans to join us if we were to personally go and see them. However, which clans would join us and which would attack us is the real question."

Venelana: "As much as I hate to admit it, the Bael clan will not join us. I guarantee that they will side with Hades. He has offered them a great deal of power here in the Underworld. It never sat well with them that none of them were ever made a member of the Four Great Satans. I am sure they were easily bought."

Sirzechs: "It is hard to say what the Belial clan will do as well. My guess is that they have greatly profited from siding with Hades and will probably stay loyal to him. However, I could see them being persuaded if they knew there was a chance for Diehauser to become a Great Satan after we win."

Irina: "How exactly are you planning on picking the new leaders of the devils once this is all over?"

Sirzechs: "I believe that I have mentioned before that I plan to have an Underworld-wide Rating game tournament. The final four peerages will have their kings become the new Four Great Satans. The overall winner will become the king of the Underworld."