Chapter 13: Aftermath

Streets of Lilith

Immediately following the battle the Gusion house members go and check on Mia.

Irina: "How is she doing?"

Asia: "I have healed the wound and she should be alright, but she is not."

Irina: "What do you mean if the wound is healed then why is she not alright?"

Asia: "That scythe has some weird effect to it. Her life has been dramatically shortened. I don't know how long she will live, but it will at most be several years."

Irina starts crying.

Mia: "Hey don't cry Irina, I am happy with the life that I have lived. I was able to meet master again. He gave me a home and a real family. You guys have been great to me and have treated me far better than I desire. I am happy that I was able to have the life that I have. My hope is that I will at least live long enough to see my master one last time. If I can do that I will die with no regrets."

Ravel: "Don't worry you will. I promise you that master will return to us soon. When he does he will be so proud of you."

Mia: "If that isn't true remember the promise. You have to remove my evil piece before I die. Master must have all of his pieces."

Koneko: "If needed I will make sure of it."

Mia: "Thank you Koneko. I know that even if I don't live to see our master again, one day he will return. When he does he will need all of us."

Lint: "I am sure you are right. Just hang in there until then."

Mia: "Will do."

Overview of the events shortly after the war

Following the battle most of the grim reapers surrender to be punished, or flee from the Underworld to never return. The devils take back over as the sole rulers of Underworld. Despite the great number of losses that they suffered during the war, the devils are looking forward to a bright future. One where they have a place to call their own, and a place free from the grasp of the Khaos Union. As a result of the war and the split between the devil houses, only 12 of the original 72 pillars now have surviving members. The noble devils are severally low in numbers and to make matters worse it has become impossible to create more evil pieces. This means that the only way from devils to continue to live on is through reproduction.

Despite the bleakness of the low population, the devils hold a rating game tournament to decide on the new leaders of Underworld. Three of the Four Great Satans that were originally leading the devils before Hades attacked have now died which leaves a power vacuum. To resolve this all peerages that have able bodied members are allowed to participate in the tournament. As the Gusion peerage lacks a king they do not participate as it is unclear who would become the Satan if they were to win in the tournament. In the end Sirzechs takes first place and retains his title as Satan Lucifer. Sairaorg takes second place and becomes Satan Asmodeus, Riser takes third place (having bolstered his peerage again) and becomes the new Satan Leviathan, and Seekvaira Agares takes fourth place becoming the new Satan Beelzebub. These four now take their places as the leaders of the Underworld.

Life begins to slowly return to a somewhat normal setting. Although they are sure it will not last, there is peace for the moment. The Khaos Union does not attack the Underworld right away, which gives the devils that chance to recover and regroup. The devils are now the last stronghold against the Khaos Union as most of the human world is taken over by the Khaos Union as they search for the Sword of God. As Heaven is destroyed all that remains is the Underworld that stands against the Khaos Union and their quest to rule over the whole world and release Trihexa from his prison.