Chapter 12: The Battle for Lilith

Inside the gates of Lilith

As the group marches into the city Sirzechs gives his orders.

Sirzechs: "I want Rias's peerage and the Gusion family to take a third of the army and aid the devils already fighting in the city. It would do no good for us to abandon them now. Meanwhile Ajuka will take a third of the army along with father and his peerage to create a spearhead. I will follow with my peerage and the rest of the army close behind this spearhead to reach Hades. If we do not kill him then all of this will be for nothing. As such I need all of my forces at full strength when we arrive at the throne room to deal with him."

Ajuka: "As soon as we break through Zeoticus and I will join you with our peerages to aid in the battle against Hades. You will need all the help you can get."

Zeoticus: "I am sure that with all of us working together he will go down easily."

Sirzechs: "I am not so sure about that. He is a god after all. My guess is that this fight is going to be a difficult one for us to win no matter how prepared we may be."

Rias: "Don't worry brother soon we will have taken the Underworld back. As long as we all work as one we will be able to do this."

Sirzechs: "You are right. Alright everyone move out."

Spearhead team

The forces inside the city have been severally spread out making the job of pushing those defending the castle back fairly easy. Zeoticus is able to use his destruction magic to blast away hundreds of the grim reapers that are guarding the castle. He then has his army move in to try and split the remaining forces down the middle. Ajuka adds to this strategy by using the remaining forces to also put pressure on the center of the enemy formation with the goal to separate the enemy down the middle. With continual pressure being applied they are able to create a small divide in the enemy forces. The team continues to push a wedge between the enemy forces and separating them. The devil forces then begin to fan outward creating a corridor for Sirzechs to lead his forces through. He sends Bahmut in first to take out grunts that may still try to stand in his way. With this divide now open, Sirzechs now marches on the castle.

Seeing that the plan is working Zeoticus begins to move with his peerage to go and provide aid to his son. However, before he gets too far he hears a loud scream and sees a chunk of his forces defeated. When he turns back standing in the midst of the enemy forces is the ultimate class grim reaper Pluto II. Seeing that if he does not stay and deal with this new threat that Sirzechs' forces will get attacked from the rear he advances to deal with Pluto II.

Ajuka faces a similar situation as on his side is the ultimate class grim reaper Thanatos. Ajuka says to him, "I didn't think you were a big fan of Hades." Thanatos replies, "I am not, however him remaining in power of the Underworld is of some benefit to me. As such I figured that I may as well side with him on this one." Seeing that he must now deal with the strongest of the grim reapers, Ajuka turns his full attention towards this new foe rather than going and providing aid to Sirzechs as originally planned.

Streets surrounding the castle

The Gusion and Rias families along with their forces are able to give some much needed aid to the devils that have been rioting in Lilith. These devils have mostly been dealing with low ranking grim reapers which has allowed them to be semi-successful. With the added forces they are easily able to break the enemies' defenses. The goal of this group is to provide aid and relief to the devils in the city. As such when the enemies start to falter they rush to give medical aid where then can. This causes Ravel and Asia to be running themselves ragged healing one devil after the next. There are hundreds of injured devils that need healing which drains much of the strength of Ravel and Asia.