Bad News

Wally POV
I waited impatiently for Dick to get home. He was late and in Bludhaven that meant trouble. Usually he has time to send a text or call but...nothing. I turned on the news wondering if there is a bank robber or something he's finishing up or something but it was worse. "Just in," the woman started, "Bludhaven police department has exploded. No one has come out yet and the firemen are on the way. Any officers not there at the time are swarming outside." It pulled up footage and the place was in flames, falling apart. I quickly skimmed over all the officers that were safe outside. Not one resembled Dick in the slightest. He's still inside. "At least five officers were inside at the time. Those unaccounted for so far are officers Natalie Halx, John Vez, Anatolia Engie, Daniel Franks, and Richard Grayson-West..." The woman listed. My heart sunk. He's missing. I watched in shock before speeding to the scene. "Let me through!" I yelled to an officer that held me back, "my husband is inside!" As Flash I could do nothing. My speed would collapse the building at the force of my running and I'd only be in the way of the firefighters and bomb squad. I was shoved behind police tape and watched the scene. People were deathly silent aside from the police cars and ambulances whiring. "We've got someone!" A fighter yelled and ran out carying a man over his shoulder. "John!" A woman screamed and was let through. It wasn't Dick. I waited and watched. They brought out a woman named Natalie and a man named Daniel. Then the front of the building collapsed and the fire fighters ran out empty handed. Dick and another officer were still missing. Then someone came out of the building. What? But all the firefighters are outside. "It's the last two officers!" Someone yelled. I pushed further to see as Dick ran from the building holding officer Anatolia in his arms. Then the rest of the building collapsed and the explosion threw the two several feet away to the ground. "Anatolia!" A woman yelled and ran forward, "That's my sister! Let me through!" I ran through as well past the police officers, "That's my husband let me past!" I got over there as they were lifting him into an ambulance. Blood covered his head and chest. Nasty burns licked his arms. Ash coated him. "Dick," I said and grabbed his hand gently. He wasn't awake. "We're losing him!" A man by me yelled and pushed me back, pulling out a defibrillator. I watched him convulse.
Six Hours Later
They were able to bring him back and stabilize him but it wasn't looking good. He hadn't woken up. I sat beside him with my head hung. Then someone walked into the room. Two someones. Anatolia and her sister walked in. I stood up politely and shook their hands with a sad smile. "I wanted to tell you, he saved my life. I was pinned down by ruble and...he pulled me out. Refused to leave without making sure everyone else was out," Anatolia said and looked at Dick sadly. Her sister sighed, "He's a great officer. I've met him a few times. I hope he gets better uh..." "Wally," I said and shook her hand, "Thank You." The two left and I smiled. Always a hero. "Wally," a quiet voice murmured. I spun around and sped to Dick's side. "Hey baby," I said gently. His baby blue eyes slowly opened and he smiled, "Hey, how's Anatolia?" "She's fine. I just talked to her. How are you?" I asked gently and ran my thumb across his cheek. "Ugh, everything hurts," he said with a chuckle. I kissed his forehead, "Don't worry you'll be fine." "How're you?" He asked with concern. I sighed, "You scared the shit out of me Dick. You died on me. That's not allowed ever again. You understand?" A few tears rolled down my cheeks and he wiped them away, "I promise." We heard angrily yelling outside and then three boys tumbled into the room as security tried to stop them. "Wait, they're my brothers," Dick told security. Security glared at the boys and left. "Jason, Tim, Damian. What are you three doing here?" Dick asked. "Well, originally we were..." Damian began but Tim elbowed him. "We came to see you once we saw what happened," Tim said. "You got here fast," I murmured. "We were already in the city," Jason explained. Tim again elbowed him, "Not now guys." "Now now what?" Dick asked sitting up. Tim looked away and Jason just scowled at the wall. Damian looked down and murmured something. "What?" I asked. "Bruce," Tim said. "He kicked us out," Jason finished. "What? When?" Dick exclaimed. "Two days ago," Tim said. "Oh my God, where have you been staying!?" Dick exclaimed. "An ally the first night and an overnight train to Bludhaven the second night," Damian said. "We were wondering if you had a spare bedroom," Tim asked sheepishly. "Of course," Dick said. Then he stopped and looked at me, "I guess I should probably ask you first since it is Our apartment." I answered immediately, "I wouldn't say no Babe. Of course."