Feeling The Way He Made Me Feel

Dick POV
I often think about him. We didn't have a bad breakup. I was moving to Bludhaven for my Police career while he was working in Central to be a Forensic Scientist. We both knew long distance didn't work out very often so we broke up. I didn't date at all after him. No one came close to making me feel the way he did. Now I'm twenty two and he's twenty four.
I walked down the road silently. It's nearly two AM in Bludhaven and I'm unable to sleep. Insomnia has been a problem of mine ever since my parents died when I was eight. I wasn't paying attention when someone crashed into me. "Hey!" I exclaimed in reaction. I rolled over to get off the ground when I saw his face. "Wally," I said shocked. "Dick," he said and stood up slowly. He held out his hand and lifted me up. Our hands remained together longer than they should have. "What are you doing in Bludhaven?" I asked to break the awkward silence, "And at two AM." "I just got a job replacing Bludhaven's Forensic Scientist and uh...well I was trying all day to find an apartment but the prices here are ridiculous and I couldn't find a decent hotel for the night..." He stuttered out quickly. I was able to decipher his speed talk though. Before my mind could catch up, my mouth had already asked, "You could stay with me if you want. My apartment is just down the street." He smiled brightly, "That'd be great actually. You sure?" "Of course," I said and smiled just as brightly. It was a little awkward as we walked through the city back to my apartment. "So, I take it you still have trouble sleeping?" He asked softly. I looked at him in surprise that he remembered and asked, "How do you know I still have trouble sleeping?" He stroked an imaginary beard, "Hm...I find you wandering the city at two AM when you could be cuddling at home in your soft warm bed. And you look exhausted Dick." I missed him. I missed how he could read me like the back if his hand. "Hey, just remember it's my apartment you're staying in tonight and not in an ally. I could very easily draw on your face and shave your head as you sleep," I said with a mock glare. Wally faked hurt and put his hand over his heart, "You wouldn't dare!" We laughed for a bit and finally reached the building. I knocked on the window and a man walked over with a small glare, "With the hours you come back I should just give you a key to the building." He shoved a spare building key in my hand and walked away, "Stop waking me up at three in the morning every night!" "Lovely landlord," Wally joked. I rolled my eyes and we entered the elevator. He tapped his foot as it went up slowly. "Still get nervous in elevators?" I asked as I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. "It's just so much more risk of dying than if I just ran up the stairs," he said, "Didn't think you'd remember that." I shrugged, "I didn't think you'd remember about my insomnia." "Of course I would," he said with a smile at me. "Did you date anyone after me?" He asked after a moment of silence. I answered honestly, "No." "It's been years," he said. "So you did?" I asked unsurprised. "Actually no. I tried. Went on a few first dates just...no one made me feel like you did," he turned to me with sorrowful eyes, "I've missed you so much Dick." I smiled up at him, "God Wally I missed you too." He placed a hand on my cheek and I closed my eyes, remembering his touch. "Will you let me kiss you?" He asked softly close to me. "Why wouldn't I?" I asked. "I remember our first kiss. You were so surprised that you kicked me in the balls. Just don't want that to happen again," he said with a small chuckle and slowly pressed his lips to mine. It was small and sweet. When he pulled away I smiled, "Just as magical as the first time." The elevator dinged and we stepped out onto my floor. "Without kicking me in the balls," Wally said with a smile.