xi. adore you

There is a poem that states, "They say that we are like stars; falling to make others' dreams come true

There is a poem that states, "They say that we are like stars; falling to make others' dreams come true. For here I am, burning to the surface because I've fallen through time and space for you... and there's nothing more I could ever wish for - c.k." It's a reminder for us as humans that love can make us vulnerable. We want validation from others, whether platonically or romantically, and we want to know that we aren't on this long journey of life alone.

As Ashtyn's eyelids slid open from the rising sun hitting her face, she peered over at the brunette male laid next to her on the queen sized bed. At some point last night, the Pogues packed up and departed from The Wreck together, minus JJ and Emerson who had snuck off at an earlier time without anyone noticing.

John went through his normal routine, dropping Pope and Kiara off at their respective houses before tackling the long drive back from Figure Eight. Ashtyn partially remembered the older boy stopping to pick JJ up off the side of the road, but her foggy, half asleep state made her wonder if it was part of her dream or reality.

The group of four had been exhausted from the day's events, so as John B carried a knocked out Ashtyn from the van to his small bedroom, Luke didn't even think to argue. Ashtyn stirred awake as soon as John placed her down on his bed, smiling up at the boy due to the memory of their earlier confession. Label or not, they admitted that they loved each other and that was a big deal.

After getting changed and sharing a couple laughs, Ashtyn brought up the idea of fucking with her older brother as he and JJ conversed softly in the other room. The boys' conversation was relatively inaudible for the young couple in the other room, but the name 'Emerson' caught Ashtyn's ear from time to time. She knew something was developing between she and JJ, but couldn't tell if it was an old spark being reignited or a new one just beginning...

Not long after John shut his bedroom door, Ashtyn banged his wooden headboard against the wall, letting out fake moans as she did so just to piss Luke off. John joined in, shouting profanities while bouncing up and down on the old mattress. They couldn't help but laugh when the older Hughes child barged into the room, one hand covering his eyes while the other gripped a wooden baseball bat.

JJ followed close behind, wide eyed and curious as he craned his neck to look around Lukes taller frame, hoping to catch a glimpse of the dirty debauchery taking place in the room.

Ashtyn and John B fell into a fit of laughter at the sight of Luke's red face and clenched fists. His anger nearly burst at the seams as his baby sister smiled innocently back at him, glad that she won this little battle in their neverending sibling war.

While the night before had been all fun and games for the girl, this morning felt different. Her blue eyes locked on the face of John B as he slept peacefully next to her, completely relaxed for the first time in almost two days. He clutched onto the younger girls body like one would their life support system when on the verge of death, and the idea of being that for him made Ashtyn's heart race.