xix. stay with me

Tensions were high between the six teens as they huddled together in John B's Volkswagen bus

Tensions were high between the six teens as they huddled together in John B's Volkswagen bus. Kiara sat in the passenger seat, arms crossed over her chest while silently glaring at the passing scenery. For the first ten minutes of their drive to the hawks nest she continued to voice her complaints, but once she realized everyone had tuned her out, she shut her mouth.

John B occupied the drivers seat, his right hand gripping the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles were beginning to turn white. He had done all he could to set his arguing friends at ease, but nothing seemed to work. The long haired brunette just wanted to complete this mission for the sake of his father's legacy, but his scrunched eyebrows told the group that even he was beginning to question its legitimacy.

The remaining group members were spread out in the back.

Pope laid on the floor, lost in his negative thoughts on this Royal Merchant treasure hunt. By now, the dark skinned man was teetering between wanting to believe that the legend was true and wanting to leave this wild goose chase alone. He's loyal, which made for a great friend, but that loyalty was being tested now that John and Luke were bringing another Kook into the mix.

Luke sat on the bench right behind John B's seat, sunglasses over his tired green eyes while struggling to find sleep. The dark haired man had to go to the salvage yard in a couple hours, but he wouldn't bail on his friends.

Yes, he may be seeing Sarah Cameron again. Nothing was official though, and he didn't want this to affect his relationship with the Pogues. It already hurt Kiara.

Then, there was JJ and Ashtyn. The two friends sat side-by-side, passing a joint back and forth in an attempt to hide from the reality of that night. Both of them had terrible days, as shown by JJ's bruised face and Ashtyn's nausea when the group left the Rixton's on The Pogue. Both sixteen year olds kept their opinions to themselves for the most part, knowing good and well that speaking up would only put their asses in hot water.

As John slowed the van to a stop, letting out a strangled sigh. He didn't know what to say to calm everyone down. If the Pogues didn't get this map tonight, they'd be back to Phase I, and the hazel eyed boy wouldn't accept that.

They were so close; he could feel it in his bones.

"I'll be right back, okay?" Luke brushed his sweaty hands on his tattered cargo shorts, having changed out of the formal wear when they returned to the Chateau for the van. "This won't take longer than ten minutes." His voice wavered a bit, invalidating his statement.

Everyone knew that Luke was trying to prevent World War III from breaking out between the Pogues and the Kooks, but at the end of the day, there was no way to just turn off your feelings. Even Kiara, who hated the idea of Luke and Sarah together more than anyone else in that tin can on wheels, knew good and well that the duo would end up together if they were meant to be.