[12] "Nose Goes?" | The Lucky Compass IV| Tease

"I actually hate it here," I confessed as we walked through the dark, ominous cemetery. It was pitch black, the only light coming from our flashlights and the moon, adding to the Blair Witch Project vibes I was getting from the place.

"I agree. This place is scary," Kiara mumbled next to me, her hand intertwining with my own as we trudged to wherever John B was taking us. "John B, what are we doing here?"

"Hush," he replied. "You know when you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?"

"That pretty much describes my life," I commented, laughing at the thought as I tried to lighten the mood for myself.

"So, Redfield," John B continued. "I thought this whole time it was a place. But it's not. It's a person," he finished as we approached a mausoleum with Redfield across the top.

"Voi-effing-là," JJ hummed.

"See, this is where my great great grandmother, Olivia Redfield, is. That was her maiden name," John B explained, taking a moment to look over the large, stone building. "Come help me."

Pope and John B grunted as they tried to push open the door. JJ reached over behind them, helping the best he could.

"Are you pushing?" Pope grunted, exhausted.

"Yes, I'm pushing," John B replied, equally as exhausted.

"This door is like seven hundred pounds man. It's not gonna budge," Pope said, barely audible.

"We didn't come this far to get this far, alright?" JJ growled, putting more effort into his pushes. The boys let out sounds of terror as a snake came out of the whole, hissing as it went.

"Oh, fuck no!" I breathed out, backing up to be with Kiara, which was farther away from the snake. I'm not afraid of snakes. I owned one back on the mainland. But I was afraid hostile moccasins.

"Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth!" JJ said with a phoney southern accent. He began to bark at the snake, making a lot more noise than we wanted.

"JJ, shut up," I hissed, pulling him back away from the snake. "Last thing we need is people knowing we're here."

"You're gonna wake the dead, man!" Pope added.

JJ shrugged, looking at us as if we had ten heads. "They're scared of dogs man. Everyone knows that. Wait, hold on. If there's one then there's probably dozens."

"Fuck off," I grumbled, plugging my ears to drown out JJ.

"Stop scaring me!" Kiara cried, backing away form the potentially snake invested structure.

JJ continued to bark into the hole, earning a slap from John B. John B and JJ began to argue, their voices raising as Pope tried to get a word in. "Look! We're not going to get in there, John B. It's not budging. We should probably just go."

I watched curiously as Kiara studied the door, running her flashlight up and down the large slab of concrete. I felt my stomach drop as she opened her mouth. "Me or Beckett could get through," she suggested.

"You think one of you can fit through the hole?" John B chuckled.

I laughed, finding the idea of me climbing in there hilarious. When nobody laughed with me, I looked around to see them all looking at me. My eyes locked with Kiara, and suddenly I was painfully aware of the finger pressed against her nose. My face dropped, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Nose goes?" She smiled, patting my shoulder as she backed away, passing the responsibility onto me. I gawked at her, my brain unable to compute what she just did.