Cheek Kisses

~Jaren's POV~

"Okay so we're leaving 3 days before the party?" I looked up from the tomatoes at John to confirm my info.

He nodded, "Yeah, and we'll be arriving a day before to help him set up and a day after to help him clean up." John looked at me. "It's roughly 18 hours to Craig's house so we'll stop somewhere to sleep cause I'm not driving 18 hours straight."

"Yeah, that sounds good to me." I went back to slicing the tomatoes.

"Cool." He paused, and I felt him walk up behind me.

"What're you making there Smiithers?" He breath crept down my spine and I suppressed a shiver.

"Well, I call it tomato and cucumber salad, but I don't know what it's actually called." I threw the tomatoes into the bowl with the cucumbers.

"So, you throw together tomatoes and cucumbers? That doesn't sound very good." I could practically feel John scrunch up his nose in disgust.

I let out a small laugh, "Just let me finish, I promise you'll like it."

John sighed dramatically and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You wound me my love, with thou's harsh words and cold tone." He leaned onto my back.

"I didn't have a cold tone, and get off of me, I gotta finish this." I gave him a small shove and John let out a laugh.

"Okay okay." I felt a pair of lips being pressed to my cheek. "Just hurry up."

I went silent. "John?"

He didn't respond, so I turned around and found John staring at me with a pale face.

"Sh-Shit I'm so sorry Jaren I don't know why I did that, uh, fuck I'm-"

"John."

"Sorry, I really didn't mean to do that, ah fuck." He stopped his rambles and placed his hands on his face.

"John?"

He looked at me through a window between his fingers.

"You're fine," I sent him my best reassuring smile. "Don't stress it, you were caught up in the moment."

I saw the tension fly out of John's shoulders and heard a sigh of relief.

"Okay, I'm going to go, uh get something." His voice was small, and he rushed out of the kitchen before i could say another word

OH MY GOD!

He- he kissed me. I mean it was on the cheek, but that still counts, right?

A smile found it's way onto my lips and I suppressed the urge to scream.

Craig, you better have everything ready once we get there because I might have to tell him soon.

~-~-~-~-~-~

~John's POV~

What the FUCK did I just do?!

Fuuuck, what am I going to do? I didn't mean to kiss him!

"FUCK!"

I punched the wall, which didn't turn out well for me cause I only ended up hurting my hand.

On the bright side, he didn't seem upset about it.

I looked at my night stand, where my vape sat lying, waiting to be used.

One hit won't hurt, right?

I walked over and just before I opened the drawer, I heard Jaren call my name.

"H-Hey John! Come try this will you?" The hesitation in his voice made me wince.

Maybe I really did mess up with him.

If I could have just, just-

"John! Don't go gettin' cold feet on me, hurry up!"

This time Jaren's voice came out teasing, and my worried washed away.

"Yeah, gimme a sec!"

I took a deep breath and stepped away from the nightstand.

Making my way towards Jaren, I started lightly singing.

"She tryna pull a very on my half pipe-"

"TONY THOT! MONEY FLOURISH IN MY BANK ACCOUNT DON'T STOP!"

Jaren's voice cut through mine as he started screaming at the top of his lungs.

I started laughing, "Do you even know the full song?"

Jaren shook his head, "I've listened to it but song lyrics just aren't my thing."

He took the bie he was holding and handed it out to me.

"Try it."

The bowl held the chopped up cucumbers and tomatoes, and smelled strongly of vinegar.

"Are you sure this is safe to eat?" I eyed the bowl wearily.

I heard Jaren sigh, shortly followed by footsteps growing closer.

"Yes, here, I'll prove it."

Jaren grabbed the fork and stabbed a tomato, before stuffing it in his mouth.

"See? It's fine, now open up." Jaren had stabbed a cucumber and held it out to me.

"I can feed mys-"

Jaren shoved the fork into my mouth.

I frowned at Jaren while chewing on the cucumber.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Wow that's actually really good."

He let out a small laugh. "Told you it would be."

He ate a couple more bites before handing me the fork. "Hey, I gotta shower, and then do you mind if I record a video with people real fast? I'm running low on spare videos and-"

"I don't mind, just make sure you don't leave your towel on the floor."

He shot me a toothy grin wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Thanks John!" I felt him press a kiss to my cheek. "And that's for earlier."

...fuck.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sorry for the shorter and delayed chapter, I have AP tests this week and will probably have more delayed chapters as well.