Cold Cuddling

~Jaren's POV~

We woke up early, awkward silence making the air heavy.

But then John made a joke about how Craig needed to fuck Tyler already and the tension left the air.

"Do you know who Craig invited to this party?"

John shrugged and closed the trunk. "No, I honestly don't even know why he's having this party either. It's not like it's a regular thing."

A small frown formed on my face and I nodded.

"Hey, don't frown," John number my shoulder with his. "It's a chance to see our friends, so there's no need to be upset."

I nodded again, "I guess, yeah."

John let out a laugh, "You're still not smiling Smiithers."

The sound of my nickname made me smile, I'm glad my actions last night didn't change anything between us.

But at the same time, I kinda wish he would just bring it up.

I want to know if he wanted to continue as much as I did.

I mean, I know he likes me but did he want to, y'know? Do that?

I could feel my face stating to heat up and I shook my head.

"You good?"

I jumped, slightly started by John's voice.

"Y-Yeah, just got lost in thought."

He sent me a smile. "Okay, but you're driving today so try to not do that."

I gave him a quick nod, he tossed me the keys, and we set off.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"So you think that Craig is throwing this party because he wants to confess to Tyler, but he's too afraid to do it himself."

John nodded, a pop tart shoved in his mouth.

"Yeah, and he's invited as many people as he can because if he only invited Tyler it'd be weird."

"I mean, I guess that makes sense but wouldn't it make more sense to, spontaneous show up at his door, drop subtle hints about his crush, and then dramatically tell him about his feelings the last day he was there?"

My voice began to sprout a familiar tale, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Yeah, like that would ever happen, that sounds like some stupid rom-com if you ask me."

"Well we can ask him in like, 20 minutes. Craig knows we're coming right?"

I took a glance at John, he was looking at his phone.

"Yeah, he does, take a right here."

We sat in silence, before we arrived at Craig's massive house.

"Does he own a fucking mansion? Jesus Christ!"

John laughed at my words, "You realize he makes more money than us, right?"

"But still! This place is huge!"

John laughed again before knocking on Craig's door.

"Hey fuckhead! We're here!"

I heard a couple of feet stomping before Craig opened the door.

"Hey guys! What's up?"

His hair was disheveled, and his pupils were dilated.

John took a step back. "We're you just fucked jesus."

A couple of seconds passed before Tyler appeared behind Craig, the same look on his face.