𝟬.𝟱𝟬 | 💰

𝐂.𝐑.𝐄.𝐀.𝐌.
𝚔𝚑𝚊́𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚢𝚡 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍
- 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝, 𝚌𝚊 -

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kaprice and I walked slowly, a chill going through my body as I turned the corner where it happened. I always felt it when I walked past here.

"The flowers need some water." I spoke aloud when we reached the memorial, turning to look at all the things there.

"Yeah, that's why I brought some." Kaprice opened up the bookbag on his back, pulling out a bottle of water with a small smile on his face.

He handed to me and I bent down, watering the soil that was in the pot with the flowers.

"There you go bubba." I smiled tightly as I looked at the picture of our brother that was still posted on the fence.

Khalan Zaverie Whitfield.

My older brother.

The brother that the cops used to set an example. The one who had to lose his life at this hands of a white man who didn't think he deserved to experience more.

My brother was a poet, that's where I picked it up from. I was more of the drawing & painting type but he was the one that was good with words.

I handed the water bottle back up to Kaprice, standing up fully before beginning the rest of the walk to Dion's house.

"Stay outta trouble alright." I told Kaprice as I hugged him tightly outside of Dion's house. I always told him that no matter where he's going, even if it's to take out the trash.

"Okay, I'll tell momma to pick me up so youn have to come back round here." He said causing me to nod as he let go and went into the house.

Time for me to go back home and work another painting.

"Aye!" I scrunched my face up while looking around, my glasses down over my eyes now to protect them from the harsh glares of the sun.

I glanced toward the court and saw De'Kari leaned against the fence, looking in my direction causing me to sigh before walking over.

"You that girl that paint and shit ain't it?" He asked me when I pushed my glasses up to the top of my head. His tattooed arm resting on top of the fence.

"Yeah, you that boy that play basketball ain't it?" I replied causing him to laugh, licking his lips as his tall body loomed over mine.

"I mean you know the vibes." He leaned back and shrugged, smiling at me with them pretty white teeth.

I just love when boys have straight white teeth, that right there always hits different.

"Whatever." I couldn't control my smile, pushing his arm lightly as he gave me one of them looks.

"Khániny!" A soft voice called causing me to look back, my best friend walking over to me with a smile on her face.