𝟭.𝟱𝟬 | 💰

𝐂.𝐑.𝐄.𝐀.𝐌.
𝚔𝚑𝚊́𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚢𝚡 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍
- 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝, 𝚌𝚊 -

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I could feel myself coming back to reality, realizing the situation that was unfolding. I couldn't move though, it was like my feet had been glued down on the asphalt.

"Khániny..." I could hear Tinaye repeating my name, trying to get me to move. I wanted to but I couldn't, my body wouldn't let me.

"Y'all straight?" I heard Quincy's voice, it was distant in my mind but I knew he was somewhere near me.

"She won't move! She heard the gunshot and just froze up! I-I-"

"Aye Van Gogh." I then heard Kari's voice, feeling a warm hand engulf mine as I struggled to get myself to move. "You good, I'm right here."

I blinked slowly, my heart beat slowing down as I forced my self to calm down and move.

It had hit me hard in that moment and although I thought I was done grieving about Khalan, little things like this always pushed me over the edge again.

"It's okay, I'm good." I spoke, trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince them. "It was just the sound."

"You sure?" De'Kari asked as his hand lingered on my back before he dropped them at his sides.

"Yeah."

𝚍𝚎'𝚔𝚊𝚛𝚒 𝚔𝚑𝚢𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚛𝚎

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Nigga what you reading bout Van Gogh for?" Quincy asked me when he sat down beside me in the gym. I scrunched my face up, moving over as the other ones came over here too.

"Who is Van Gogh?"

"Do you listen in history idiot?" Jalen scrunched his face up at Quan who sat with a stupid look on his face at the question.

"Aye, just the answer the question. Don't worry bout what I do in history."

"He a painter foo." I spoke, answering the question before they started arguing like they do every other day.

"Oh tru." Quan replied, bouncing a basketball in his hand before he turned to Jalen with a questioning look. "1 on 1. Let's run it."

I leaned back when they walked away, still scrolling on my phone and reading about the painter from earlier. Ignoring the way Quincy looked at me.

"Nah fr, what you reading bout Van Gogh for?" He asked and I started to reply but my attention was taking away when she walked in.

My eyes trailed her as she went over to her usual seat in the bleachers, her outfit of the day standing out in the gym full of non-dressing people.

I took in the outfit, smirking to myself at the way she wore it with confidence. She had on a white crop top with one of them pink skirts with the white stripes. It paired with a pair of white socks and white forces, tied together with a jean jacket and a white purse.

Khániny Whitfield.

The reason why I was reading about Van Gogh.

Everybody round here knew who she was. They pitied her cause she was the girl who witnessed her brother get killed by a policeman. She barely talked to anyone, that's why everybody had they own opinions on her. They felt like she thought she was too much to be around them.

"I know you ain't looking at Khániny." Quincy spoke with an serious expression on his face and I couldn't say I blamed him, she was like his little sister. "That's why you looking at painters and shit?"

"Some like that." I replied, still looking her way as she sat there drawing in the same notebook she carried every day.

I wanted to heal her and that's what I was gone do. No matter how long it took.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘋𝘦'𝘒𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘏𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

𝘏𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵, 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵.