𝟰.𝟬𝟬 | 💰

𝐂.𝐑.𝐄.𝐀.𝐌.
𝚔𝚑𝚊́𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚢𝚡 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍
- 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝, 𝚌𝚊 -

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I use to look like a damn fool tryna figure out if if was too soon to buy a gift for Quincy." Tinaye told her cousin and I as walked around the mall doing some Christmas shopping?

"I be thinking like yeah I fw him but are we really on the present level yet? Do I really wanna spend my holiday with him?"

I just sat back quietly because I had no idea how that felt. I never even got to the matching outfit stage with somebody. Definitely ain't ever spent a holiday with em.

"Right! I started fw Quincy 4 months before Christmas and still wasn't sure if he wanted us to get each other presents."

"What about you Khan?" I turned my head towards her, a little confused until I realized what she was asking me.

"I'm spending Christmas with my momma and my brother like I do every other year." I shrugged before looking around and the different stores trying to decide which one I wanted to go in.

"She got somebody but she was mad at him and now he mad at her for being mad at him."

"That shit sucks. What happened to make you mad at him?" Jonai asked as we walked into a huge clothing store. "Come on. Talk to me. Talk to the love whisperer."

"It's a girl ig. Her name is Dee and she always post him and takes pictures with em but it never made me feel different until yesterday."

I couldn't actually believe I was admitting this to anyone when I just barely decided to admit it to myself. Maybe this is what I need.

"So what happened yesterday?"

"We were waiting to go inside the restaurant and eat when she was all loud talking bout QuInCy TaKe OuR pIcTuReS."

"You asked him what she is to him or you just assumed the worse and got mad?"

"I-I mean...I just assumed and got mad." She replied with a hum, looking through some of the clothing racks for a second before bringing her attention back to me.

Tinaye was in another section and i assumed she was on the phone because she held her phone up to her ear as she was talking.

"So you didn't explain to him why you were mad or anything? What happened to him because you were mad?"

"He's a basketball player and he calls me his good luck charm. I was mad at him and it threw his game off." I sighed, realizing how much I could've solved if I had just talked to him.

"They lost?"

"Yes."

"Aw shi- Khan girl what are you doing?" She piled another item for herself to try on into her hand as I browsed the sections with her. "How you gone be his good luck charm and not work stuff like that out? That's throwing off the entire purpose."

"I don't know what to do."

"You need to tell him how you feel."

"I'm scared Jonai... I don't want to let him in just to be hurt in the end. I can't take that nomore."

She sighed, dropping the pile of clothes in her hand on a bench that was near the both us before placing her hands on my shoulders.

"The best thing you can do is put your intention out there and continue on with your life. Don't obsess over what you want. Don't worry about how it arrives. Don't cling to the outcome. Assume it's on the way, and move on."

"Okay..." I listened to her words, letting them sink in as she talked. "Regardless of the outcome, tell him. Don't let this be a missed opportunity Khániny."

I hopped out of the car, going up to my front door with the bags that I had on my arms. They were nearly cutting off circulation but I was only trying to do one trip.

Tinaye and Jonai had "coincidentally" decided they wanted us to go to the court so they brought the car to my house so I could put my stuff in and then we would walk to there together.

"I know what y'all tryna do."

"Whatever do you mean Khan?"

"Pleaseee don't try to use that accent on me." I scrunched my face up at her British accent making her laugh and continue walking towards the court.

It was California hot as usual and I didn't even bother to get dressed up the way that I usually do.

"Ian even dressed for how hot is it."

"Girl- yes you are."

"You dressed like a lil boy. Look just like Kaprice." I smacked my lips, glancing down at my grey nike shirt that I paired with some black nike shorts. The neon green of my shoes making the color of the check on my shirt pop. "I like it though."

I smiled at Tinaye, playing with the gold chain that rested around my neck as we turned on the street that the court is on.

"You nervous?"

"I guess."

"Don't be. You got a lot going for yourself pooh, he'll be a fool if he let that go."

I nodded my head, wiping my hands on my shorts as the court came into view. It was now or never I guess.

"De'Kari!" My eyes widened as Tinaye called his name as soon as we reached the fence. "Wait, hold up! Already?!"

"You got this best." She smiled, patting me on my back before walking away with Jonai beside her as De'Kari walked over to the fence.

"Wassup Van Gogh."

"Umm...I-I" I mentally cursed myself when I started stuttering, not able to formulate the words that I wanted to say. Feeling my cheeks heat up as he looked at me with a confused expression.

"You good?"

I took a deep breath, looking him in his eyes and rubbing my hands on my shorts once more.

"IlikeyouKari." I spoke quickly, running my words together so he wouldn't actually hear what I said.

"Hmm?" He smirked and I sighed knowing that he heard me but wanted me to say it again anyway.

"I like you."

I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, not even knowing what he would say as a response.

"I like yo cute ass too Van Gogh."