Chapter Nine:

The ski-speeders drifted across the white terrain, leaving red trails from the surface behind them that were almost like red powder. They dug into the grounds, keeping on course. They were clunky, but they were good. Over head roared TIE fighters, coming out of the sky towards them. The fighters fired at them on the ground. The ski- speeders dodged, the blasts hitting the ground, sending up puffs of red.

"Dammit. We have no defense. They have the high ground." Rey shouted.

"Just keep trying to dodge!" Finn answered back.

Poe bit his nails watching the battle from the holotable inside of the base.

"They've got TIE fighters and we've got nothing to combat them with!" Poe said frantically.

"Open Fire!" Hux commanded as the AT-ATs opened fire immediately hitting one ski- speeder and sending it bursting into flames.

Finn was sweating, seeing this happen.

"Dammit!" Finn shouted, thrusting his speeder forwards.

"Return fire!" Rey commanded, pounding her blasters, pelting the legs of the AT-ATs.

Finn pounded as well, firing back.

"These small blaster pelts aren't going to do too much damage!" He shouted, shifting out of the way of a blast as it hit the ground, sending up a cloud of red dust around him.

"I'm aware! We just have to survive and get close!" She shouted, another ski speeder going up in flames next to her after being hit by a TIE fighter.

"We're surrounded!" Rey shouted.

"Fire all turrets and ion cannons!" Poe commanded.

The Ion cannons spun, their massive cannons locking focus on the AT-ATs.

Soldiers manned their massive turrets and began reigning fire towards the AT-AT's pelting from a distance. An AT-AT fired, hitting the edge of the trench.

"Engage ground troops!" Hux commanded, the AT-ATs dropping down with sets of five stormtroopers out of each AT- AT with there being 6 AT-ATs. Thirty troops hit the ground running, firing at their ships.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Rey asked Poe over COMs.

"What's that?" He asked.

"We get inside, infiltrate an AT-AT. If we can get to one of those drop downs of the troopers we can ride up, get inside and take control!" Rey shouted.

"I like the way you think!" Finn shouted back, pushing forwards.

The ion cannons spun, firing at the AT-ATs, pelting their outer shells. Finn fired, mowing down stormtroopers. The other six ski- speeders left accompanied them. TIE fighters made a pass overhead.

"BOMB THEM!" Hux commanded, TIE fighters swung past, beginning to fire on the trenches.

"Duck down! Enemy fire!" One soldier shouted in the trenches before getting and blown away.

Another made a pass, the bottom of the TIE holding a bomb. The bomb dropped out from the bottom of she ship, suddenly, hitting the tench, sending red dust flying and puffing into the air along with fire, sending soldiers flying.

"Dammit!" Poe shouted, bashing his holotable.

"We need someone to take out those damn TIEs!" Poe shouted.

Suddenly, overhead was the squeal of an X-Wing, blasting AT-AT's in the sides, sending one up in flames.

"What The-!?" Finn asked as the worn down X-Wing fired through the skies.