Chapter 22.

SOPHIA

Drew drops me off at home and heads for his house. We agreed I play it cool and act as if I did not see him today. The reaction he gave today was actually hilarious. I never knew Mr. Cool could get riled up over something like that.

"Hi." I enter the house to meet him pacing around the sitting room. The atmosphere seems tense that I instantly felt a shiver run down my spine.

"You went out." He stated not asking a question.

"Yes." I answer him, folding my hands on my chest.

"Where were you?" He asks, taking in deep breaths. I know he's trying so much to keep his temper in check.

"Out with a friend." I deserve a grammy award for my perfect acting. I put up an imaginary crowd cheering at me in my head.

"You said you needed time, Sophia. I am growing impatient, heaven knows I am holding myself." He says in a low growl walking towards me like a predator going for its prey.

"I still need time." I shrug, trying to play it cool.

"But you have enough time to go on a date with some guy?" There, he finally says it. I am surprised he is still in check, he leans in to me as my back touches the door.

"That guy has a name. His name is Drew." I smirk to his dismay.

"Don't speak his name because I could hunt him down right now and teach him a lesson not to go after every woman he sees." He emphasises each word as they flow off his mouth. I watch his lips move, aware of my beating heart.

"And what would you do, huh?" I say, baiting him.

He leans to kiss my neck and I moan, distracting him. As his lips move towards mine, I duck and escape utilizing the little space between us and under his arms.

"Damn you, woman." He curses as I run upstairs, giggling to myself.

ANDRÉ

"Man, you are whipped." Nicholas teases as we speak on the phone.

"I'm not." I say in denial.

"Admit it, you are." He persists.

"I'll wait till you are in my shoes then you'll see the way it feels. She's acting so normal about it. She did not even allow me kiss her." I complain.

"Try harder, man. Get her gifts or treat her to something special. It works for most ladies."

"Thank you."

"Lucas says Trandon is back. Be more careful especially as she's with you." He warns.

"Thanks, bro. We need to meet and discuss."

"We should fix that before the next week. Lucas is not around right now."

"Yeah, his trip to Pennsylvania."

"Nicholas, you should come back to bed." I hear someone say from his end of the phone.

"Gotta go. Bye." He ends the call before I even got a chance to.

My phone rings again and I look at it to see my mom calling.

"Madre." I say into the phone.

"André! Mama misses her boy." She says and I just roll my eyes.

"Mum, always the drama queen." I retort jokingly.

"How's Halle?" She asks.

"Fine, I suppose. We are no longer together." I state to her. She says nothing for a while and then speaks up.

"You finally gained some senses." Relief evident in her voice.

"She broke it off but I was going to do it, anyway."

"So, on a serious note when next do we see you? Your dad and I are travelling to Bora Bora this weekend and we would be staying for two weeks."

"We'll see when you both return, please stay safe and enjoy your stay there. I'll assign two of my bodyguards to you since you're flying private.

"See you soon, Son."

"Say hi to Dad. Bye." I end the call.

Walking to my home office, I plopped down on my swivel chair going through the mails on my desktop. I look through the mails sent from my Operations Officer in Asia, concerning our vast rise in the continent and how we are the leading Hotel brand over there. I smile to this information, it's about time.

I dial her number and wait for it to ring. "Please I need something to snack on."

"Okay, boss." She says.

"Here. I made popcorn." She passes me a bag.

"Icecream?" She smiles holding the bucket of icecream.

"Yes. Thank you." She nods and starts filling my cup with ice cream scoops. Here is one thing I like about her. She's very sensitive and caring. I just stare at her as she does her thing, completely mesmerized in her beauty.

"Swanston sent in my acceptance mail today. Payment is due for August 15th." She says, still serving the scoops.

"We'll do that tommorrow." I reply her. She keeps quiet and I continue staring. Her beauty captures me but what is wonderful is that it's combined with a beautiful soul.

"What?" She says, snapping me off the trance I just got submerged in.

"Nothing." I shrug.

"Here." She slides the cup to me but it stops halfway.

"Bring it here." I say trying to lure her to me. She picks up the cup snd strectches her hand. I shake my head 'No' then make a gesture for her to turn round and stand in front of me. She huffs and walks to me. I immediately pull her to sit on my laps and wrap my hands around her.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I ask, earning rolled eyes from her.

"Please, talk to me." I plead for attention. This is something I never had to do with other women but like I always say She's different from the others.

She tries to stand up but I hold her still. She looks at me and hesitates for a while then leans in to kiss me. I felt my world open at my feet, it made me forget my whole being. It was the best feeling ever, it melted my soul and my heart.

As if on cue, she ends the kiss and stands up. She winks at me, picks up her Ice cream cup and sits on the office couch.

"I'll just take this and sleep. Wake me up when you're done." She says.

Huh! Weirdo. Who sleeps after taking ice cream? I guess I have an answer, I laugh.