Chapter 8 - Calm Before The Storm

Sorry to everyone for the delayed chapter post! A lot has been happening in my life, and I got New Horizons! :D My town is still in its early stages (My house isn't even built yet lol) but I'm working vigorously on it. Anyway, I'm writing about the mushy-cushy-storm-time Tom and Redd are going to share, take a look! ;) (Also, thanks to everyone for 10k reads. I'm seriously honored, lots of love to everyone!)

Tom's mind caught up faster than his body, and before he knew it, he was recoiling back.

His hands fell to his sides limply, and though they had gone loose on Redd's shirt collar long ago, Redd did not move.

They simply stared.

Redd's eyes were heavy with lust when he broke the silence, "Didn't know you were gay."

Tom's face reddened, his breath seemed to be coming in short, panicked gasps. It was so Redd to say something like that, even after everything that had just happened.

"I go both ways." He spewed the words out, feeling like he couldn't breathe.

More silence and staring.

"What do I do?" Tom whispered. Redd heard it, obvious from the way his eyes met Tom's.

"We could try it again." He raised a perfect eyebrow.

Tom's mind was screaming at him not to do, in the dim of Redd's words, but he barely heard it. His body betrayed him as they moved close.

"Ah, Nooky." Redd murmured, voice husky in Tom's ear, but Tom barely heard him, yet again.

Their lips met for a second time, but this time it was gentle. Redd could feel Tom's breath tickling his cheek like a feather. Tom could feel Redd's teeth nibbling on his bottom lip.

No! I can't do this! Why am I doing this? Tom's brain finally sputtered to a sudden start, his mind working again. He jerked back, panting, ripping his lips from Redd's.

"No." He gasped out.

"Hm?" Redd looked very sorry he'd done anything at all, kind of forlorn. His face was pensive with something that might be sadness.

"No! I don't do this!" He felt like he was hyperventilating as he messed up his hair, balling his hands in it with anger at himself, like he could rip it out in a furious tug.

"Tom-"

"No! I'm an uncle, I practically have kids!" His words were coming fast and quick and full of rage and sadness, so much confusion, "I have kids! Timmy! Tommy! I've never done this before! I have a job! I'm not supposed to do this!"

"Do what, Tom?!" Redd's voice was suddenly harsh, "Not supposed to kiss guys? You're ashamed, aren't you? Of what we did here, of how you feel!"

"I don't feel anything!" Tom tried to argue, but he couldn't find the words, "I'm not ashamed!"

"What are you ashamed of?!" Redd shouted.

"Damnit, Redd, THAT I LIKE YOU!" Tom roared, "I LIKE YOU! We're always at each other's throats, we're not supposed to like each other!"

"We're not supposed to be gay?!"

"No, Redd, we don't fit together! We're not right for each other!"

"What we just did says otherwise! Poof! Ya feel that chemistry!" Redd angrily made an exploding motion with his hands.

"The chemistry was wrong!"

"It can't be wrong, Tom!"

"But-"

"Just admit it! Just admit you don't like me back!" Redd shrieked.

"No, Redd! I LIKE YOU TOO MUCH! Haven't you been hearing me?!" All the fight leeched out of Tom, "I've never liked anyone this much." He whispered. "I don't know what to do!"