Chapter 20 - Woah, I Won't Let You Go-oh!

Vivi went sprinting out after Tom.

"Tom, wait! This could be a HUGE mistake!"

"Maybe it is. But I want him to get it into his head that I want him gone!"

"Tom..."

"What?! I'll just yell at him again!"

"Tom, there are a lotta obstacles in the way of him leaving."

"Like WHAT?!"

"You'll get all emotional again."

"So?"

"Uh... the villagers are also thirsting to spill Redd's blood."

"Tell them that I'll be doing the blood-spilling, thank you."

"No, you can't-"

"Yes, I can!"

"Tom... Tom!"

Tom had picked up his pace and was now flying across the island.

"Tooommmm!"

Tom heard Vivi's voice, carried on the light breeze, but he ignored it. Once again, he didn't care if the villagers were there - Redd had come back yet again and he had to be told to leave. He had to be told to stay the hell away, like so many times before.

Why won't he just leave me alone? Why can't he stay away?

Maybe he's found someone new. Or paid someone to look like his mushy-cushy boyfriend. Maybe he wants to rub it in my face and gloat.

Or maybe he just wants to try out another pathetic apology. That won't work on me. No way in hell.

Whatever it was, Tom wasn't falling for it, no way. Redd was just harming the island at this point - he knew the islanders still hadn't stopped gossiping about what had happened. He needed to be told to leave, and this time Tom wouldn't just scream - he'd use brute force if he had to.

He broke through the line of trees and was now in front of the beach where Redd had parked his boat so many times - and he stopped cold.

"Oh, my God."

The villagers were all standing near the tree line, faces a mixture of shock and horror. Isabelle looked dazed and confused, and the twins faces were terrified. Tom turned to the reason behind all the haywire emotions - Redd.

Redd was standing in front of his boat. Everywhere beneath his feet were beautiful blue roses. The blooms littered the sand and there was also a scattering of cherry-blossom petals mixed in. The whole beach looked like some kind of flower soup. His hands were behind his back and he was wearing a fancy black-silk shirt and trousers, totally unlike his usual choice of clothing. But, as per usual, the first three buttons on his shirt were unbuttoned, exposing his flushed chest.

Tom felt like he was having an out-of-body experience as he walked towards him, face just as dazed and blank as Isabelle's. Soon, they were a mere three feet apart.

Then the anger returned.

"Redd, I thought I told you to-"

"I know. I know what you told me. I didn't listen - I never do."

"Got that damn right." Tom muttered.

"Just... hear me out, okay?"

Tom wanted so badly to scream at him, but something in him prevented him from doing it. Some small part in his chest held in the scream. He couldn't fathom what it was as he stared at the man who ruined his life, but something kept his emotions from pouring out.