Epilogue - I Do

By the time the wedding march song started, Tom was wringing his hands together for the tenth time.

He couldn't believe how fast everyone had worked to make the place suitable for a wedding - and how stressful it had been. He'd been in the taylor shop for hours, as Sable and Mabel measured and adjusted his suit. It was dark gray, a beautiful, crisp fabric, but now it looked black from all the sweat seeping out of his hands. The sharp green bowtie was finally set right, after it had been crooked and skewed in so many different positions. He wondered if everyone saw how nervous he was - he hoped they didn't.

For two days, he'd been kept away from the area near the beach. He assumed it would be at least a week before it was ready for a wedding, but was shocked when he finally saw it.

A white wedding arch with blue lilies growing on it had been customed designed by Cyrus, swaths of green silk hanging down like a veil. Cyrus had also designed comfortable latticed wedding pews, painted a shiny white, a podium made of marble, a little velvet stool for K.K. to strum the wedding march, and tables with fancy silk tablecloths, set with food for the afterparty. He couldn't believe he'd been able to whip up this amount of furniture in such a short time - and he couldn't believe all the other villagers had made a wedding feast and decorations! Fresh flowers lined the way up the "aisle" (a long, red carpet lined with silver) and a gorgeous three-tiered wedding cake stood proudly on the custom tables, complete with fruit appetizers, all sorts of mini sandwiches, and even a beautifully garnished turkey. Everyone was sitting happily, faces eager. They all wore fancy dresses or suits. Isabelle looked ready to cry in a red-lace dress. They all shared Tom's happiness.

He didn't deserve them.

Now, his eyes were starting to sweat.

Then he saw a figure coming up from the beach.

Blathers stiffened beside him, the person he'd chosen as his best man.

It was time.

Everyone turned and craned their necks.

Redd strolled up the beach next to Celeste, hands cupped eagerly together, but still walking casually. Tom really felt like crying now as he took in his soon-to-be-husband walking towards him, looking ravishing in a black suit with a royal-blue tie. He and Redd's eyes met, and the whole world seemed to stop.

No one was there anymore. Everyone vanished as Redd slowly walked up the aisle. His smile was so genuine and pure, and Tom knew he didn't deserve him - no matter what he had done, there was no way he deserved someone like this in his life. No one intruded, taken by the happy little bubble Redd and Tom shared, as they stared in awe at the both of them. They both stared at each other like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time.

Tom felt like he was dreaming as Redd glided up the aisle and stopped next to him. He felt like he was about to faint as they both turned and looked at each other. And he felt like he was about to cry as Celeste started the vows.

He didn't hear what she said - didn't hear any of it. All that mattered was that they were together again, and there would be nothing else to stop them - they would be together forever, because the universe had made it so. Tom was wrong - the universe wasn't working against him finding love. Rather, all the tragic events that had led up to this moment were actually helping him.

"The stars do align in odd ways," He could almost hear Katrina purring sensually in his ear. He wondered where she was now.

"...and do you, Redd, take Tom as your husband?"

Tom realized with a jolt that it was time.

"I do." Redd's grin was the loveliest thing he'd ever seen in that moment.

"And do you, Tom, take Redd as your husband?"

Tom was grinning now, too.

"I do."

Well... that's a wrap! 21 chapters later (even though I considered this an epilogue and made it shorter lol).

A big thank you to everyone who has stuck with me and read this story. You all deserve the world for your positive comments and encouragment. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope this was the ending you wanted :)

I'll be signing off Wattpad for a bit now, but this isn't the last you've heard from me! I may even make a C.J. x Flick fanfic next... ;)

Be sure to say hi if you ever see me making a comment on another story! I actually have a lot of great ideas for another Animal Crossing fanfic, so this isn't the end yet!

Lots of love,

FRANS_PLAYER