Chapter 9 - Honey, You've Got A Big Storm Comin'

Peep SerenaPlays for the chapter name, credits to her!

Vivi smacked a tree.

Wood fell, Timmy and Tommy went at it at once, already staggered from the huge piles of wood the two twins were already carrying.

"How much again?" Vivi called as she reached up for a branch in the leaves.

"We need five for each house." Tommy's voice was muffled.

"How much is in there?"

"Forty in each pile."

Vivi stopped, "We have nine residents, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, we have plenty of wood with a bit to spare."

"Good." Timmy's and Tommy's voices overlapped.

"Boys?"

"Yes?" The two boys, now practically living piles of wood, responded.

"Take it along to Town Hall. I'll start gathering the fruit."

The piles of wood bobbed away. Vivi began hurriedly dropping fruits into the enormous basket Wilbur had brought. The storm was sure to rip all the pears off the trees, and they needed to save them all for both eating and planting. They would need new trees and the fruit they would bear.

She couldn't believe it. A storm? Rain was a usual occurrence on the island, they lived in the middle of the freakin' OCEAN! But from what everyone had been talking about, this storm was going to be nasty. Vivi began hurrying even more, seeing the dark, angry clouds in the sky, boiling with rain.

The wind picked up. The basket went with it. Vivi fiercely gripped the handle, keeping all the pears down with her hands. Her hair was ripped from its carefully tied-back braids, brown tendrils swirling in her face. She began running furiously towards Town Hall, bringing the basket with her.

Antonio, Roald, and Dom all went running up besides her, all coming from separate places in the forest, as they closed in on the building. They all had baskets of coconuts, peaches, and oranges, fruit Vivi had farmed and planted on White-Sunflower, harvested from other islands. They had relied on the other fruits for a steady income, Timmy and Tommy buying them for hundreds of bells, and they would need them now, more than ever, after the hurricane swept through.

When they reached the door, they went in quickly. The wind was whipping furiously, buffeting their raincoats wildly. Inside, it was crowded, an air of nervousness present.

Town Hall was never built to hold this amount of people, so Isabelle and Tom had been forced to open the little partition that their desks sat behind, the place where they gave their island-wide broadcasts so everyone could have room to stand. Not only were the nine villagers there, there was also the Dodo brothers, Celeste and Blathers, Timmy and Tommy, and all the Able sisters. Wood was being passed out busily.

It had been decided that the Nooks and Isabelle would sleep in Town Hall in their apartments above it, like they usually did. All the villagers were all being supplied with five pieces of wood per each window they had, and nails and hammers. Food was also being rationed. The villagers would barricade themselves inside their houses with large amounts of food, and stay there.

"Three galloons per visitor!"

Celeste was busily passing out enormous blue-plastic water canteens, the Able sisters were supplying canned foods and pre-made sandwiches, Timmy and Tommy were rationing wood out, raincoats and hats were also being provided. Meanwhile, the Dodo brothers, Blathers, Tom, and Isabelle were all bent over a large map spread out over the desk.