XII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 | Untrusting

{ Eliza }

✧✦✧

𝕰liza had thought that when they began to march South, it would be swift but it seemed that there were still obstacles they needed to tackle. Mainly, the Twins.

The Twins were the ancestral home of the Frey family, which was now ruled by Walder Frey and his new bride. Eliza had never met them and the only contact she had was through the betrothal letter sent, asking her to marry one of their sons. As far as she knew, even Anceron had not met them and he knew most people in the North.

The raven thumped to the ground with an arrow protruding from its chest, bringing Eliza from her thoughts, as Robb picked the scroll off of it's leg and read through it.

"It's a birthday message to his grand-niece, Walda." He commented and Eliza rolled her eyes. They had been at this for hours, but it was getting them no where and they needed to cross this bridge to continue on their journey.

"Keep shooting them down." Catelyn demanded, standing next to Eliza. "We can't risk Lord Walder sending word of your movements to the Lannisters."

"He's Grandfather's bannerman." Robb commented, incredulously clear in his tone. "We can't expect his support?"

"Expect nothing of Walder Frey and you'll never be surprised." Anceron spoke softly, shrugging his shoulders from his position on Eliza's other side. 

"Father rots in a dungeon. How long before they take his head?" Robb ruffled his hair, handing the scroll to Eliza to read. "We need to cross the Trident and we need to do it now."

"Just march up to his gates and tell him you're crossing." Theon replied, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"The Freys have held the crossing for 600 years, and for 600 years they have never failed to exact their toll." Eliza and Anceron recited, before sending each other confused looks. They'd had the exact same speech from Perseus it would have seemed.

"Have my horse saddled and ready." Robb commanded, glancing briefly at Eliza.

"Enter the Twins alone, and he'll sell you to the Lannisters as he likes." Anceron commented, regaining his senses.

"Or throw you in a dungeon." Eliza added on.

"Or slit your throat." Theon added, all nodding along with one another, as Robb watched on in confusion.

"My father would do whatever it took to secure our crossing. Whatever it took." Robb disregarded the trio, turning back to talk to the others. "If I'm going to lead this army, I can't have other men doing my bargaining for me."