XIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Caught

{ Eliza }

✧✦✧

"𝕭rother, I come bearing food." Eliza joked quietly, wandering over to join her brother's side as Anceron hovered in the shadows, watching over the cage that Ser Alton Lannister and Jaime Lannister were in. Torrhen Karstark stood a little further away, but Eliza still had an awful feeling in her stomach.

"You do not look well, Liz." Anceron began to chew on the bread, staring at the smaller woman. "What's the matter?"

"Why do you presume something is the matter?"

"You have that furrow between your eyes. That only appears whenever you are upset over something." Eliza cursed the gods for making her brother so perceptive, huffing quietly to herself as she muttered. "I did not hear that."

"I do not like Talisa."

"Who?"

"The nurse. She's the nurse who Robb keeps speaking with." Eliza sighed. "I do not like it, nor do I like her. She always seems to appear whenever she is least wanted."

"You are jealous."

"I am not jealous."

"Liz, you are jealous." Anceron rolled his eyes at his younger sister's annoyed grumbling. "You are able to admit that you like Robb? You have been married to him for a year or so now. It is only natural that you gain feelings for the man, and gods know it took long enough."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Out of all of her siblings, Anceron was the only one who managed to get on her nerves consistently. She could handle her other three brothers, but Anceron was a whole different case. "You can admit to liking him."

"I do not like him, nor does he like me. He likes that nurse." Eliza huffed. "He scorns me at every turn whenever she is here."

"Have you told him this?"

"Yes."

"Eliza." Anceron warned.

"In a sense, yes." Eliza huffed. "I told him that I did not like her because my intuition said so."

Anceron merely sighed at his sister's ways, shaking his head gently as she hummed and blew warm air onto her hands, that were starting to grow cold in the night's breeze. The shifting of chains had both siblings looking up.

The Bare siblings eyes narrowed. Eliza was used to hearing the sound of metal clinking, she'd worked with horses for years and knew what it sounded like. So, the occasional clink of metal just meant that the prisoners were moving, but this was different. This was deliberate, and it sounded painful.