XX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 | Escapee 

{ Eliza }

✧✦✧

𝕬fter the eventful night, Robb had left to the Crag with Talisa beside him instead of Eliza. The woman had not wished to leave her brother, or the protection of the Bare guards and cavalry. She felt safer with them than beside her husband, especially after her brother had saved her life.

So, Robb had left and Eliza had been left to take up her husband's duties at camp whilst he was away. The war council had said that was a good idea, to show the soldiers that there was still one of their rulers in the camp, and to keep them on their better behaviour. Eliza had agreed, knowing that things would only turn worse if there was no one around to keep them on a tighter leash, but it did not mean that she did not wish to be with Robb.

She did not like leaving him with that nurse.

"Your Grace." Eliza looked up from where she was grooming her horse, patting the large stallion down as she twisted to look at the man, who hovered behind her like a fly. "Your Grace. The Kingslayer, he has escaped in the night."

It took a moment for that to process with Eliza, her eyes going wide the second that it hit her.

"What?"

"He escaped."

"Who let him escape?" Eliza hissed, hurrying towards the war council chamber, as she motioned for her brother to find the other lords.

"Your Grace, it was Lady Catelyn. The King's mother." Eliza twisted, turning to the rider. "What should we do?"

"Has the king been informed?"

"Not yet. We were sent to tell you first."

"Send a rider out to my husband, find him, tell him what has happened and urge him to return." Eliza commanded, before hurrying to the war tent, where the lords were already beginning to talk over one another, annoyance present in the air. Taking a deep breath, the young queen took her place at the head of the table. "My Lords!"

They paid her little heed, leaving Eliza no choice but to raise her voice and shout.

"My Lords!" They twisted, all staring at her in shock. Eliza did not like raising her voice, but when she was riding with her brothers, she had to be able to shout loud so that others were able to hear her. "Thank you. Please, be seated so that we can discuss this."

They did as they were told, muttering apologies as Eliza sank down, taking a deep breath and hiding her trembling hands in her lap.

"What do we know?"