XXIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Harrenhal

{ Robb }

✧✦✧

𝕿he cold wind tugged at Robb's cloak as he looked on at the large ruin ahead of him. It was imposing, like a scar on the otherwise clear landscape as he huffed to himself. The story of Harrenhal was one that was told to nearly every child when they were small, as a reminder of what could happen to you, of what had come before.

"So, do we approach?" Robb muttered to himself more than anything.

"Yes." Turning, he found that Eliza had come to join him. She was dressed in breeches and leather armour, that sported the Bare crest, most likely a gift from one of her brothers. "The Mountain can not defend a ruin, least not this one, not with all the armies in the world."

"It was rhetorical. I know that we are going to enter." Robb teased softly, as Eliza shook her head and looked away. "But thank you, my very silent shadow. Your opinion is noted, and valued. Now, where is Greywind? I shall assume that he was trailing you."

"Aye, he was." Eliza nodded, before looking over her shoulder. Robb's direwolf was sitting beside Eliza's horse, watching and panting as Robb rolled his eyes.

"He is not a loyal beast, is he?"

"Oh, he is." Eliza grinned at the wolf. "Alas he is just not loyal to you anymore."

"No, you have stolen him." Robb teased in response, before holding his arm out for her. "However could you do such a thing?"

"It was not my choice. Your wolf just seems to like me more." Robb chuckled, before helping her up onto her horse, and climbing onto his own. Both skittered for a moment as Roose Bolton joined them.

"We should set the siege lines a thousand yards from Harrenhal."

"There will not be a siege. The Mountain cannot defend a ruin." Robb pointed out.

"I imagine the Mountain will defend whatever Tywin Lannister tells him to defend."

"The Lannisters have been running from us since Oxcross. I would love a fight." Robb replied, turning to stare down at the man. "The men would love a fight. I do not think we are going to get one."

Roose huffed, before riding away as the call came to advance. Eliza huffed beside him, and Robb turned, seeing that the woman had gone cold, her eyes narrowed and frown deep. He was familiar with this look.

"I know you do not like him. He has his uses."

"As a rat."

"Eliza." Robb chided, grinning as Eliza rode beside him. "Come now, that is an insult to rats."