Chapter 1

You sigh as you sit down at your computer after a long day at work. It wasn't exactly a fun job, and all your coworkers were dicks. You live alone in your little one bedroom apartment, having moved as far away from home as you could once you got the chance.

You grew up in a small close-knit Christian community, after all, where everyone- including your parents- was very homophobic. Obviously, your parents weren't happy when you came out, especially when you did it in front of your two little siblings. This later led to a huge fight that resulted in them disowning you. When your friends found out, they were disgusted and cut all ties with you. After a few months of living in a place that treated you like the scum of the Earth, you decided that was no way to live and moved as soon as you could.

You wanted to have a better life here, but at the same time, you were afraid of having a repeat of what happened back home. As a result, you lived as a hermit, only going outside when absolutely necessary and spending all your time either at home or at work, where people thought it was okay to make fun of you constantly for not fitting in. The assholes didn't know a thing about you, they just made shit up to make themselves feel superior.

Your only comfort was YouTube. Watching people laugh and joke around, just having fun and enjoying themselves was amazing. Your favorite YouTuber was none other than Jackaboy. He was loud, sure, but he was energetic and adorable to you.

You quickly pull up Jack's latest video and settle in to watch it. A few minutes in, however, you start hearing yelling from the other side of the wall. You knew that you had a new neighbor that had recently moved in next door, but you had hoped they would be quiet and respectful like the last tenants.

You sigh again, pausing the video as you stood up to go complain about the noise level. You hesitate as you reach the door to your apartment before forcing yourself to leave the safety and comfort of your home. Trudging your way to the next door over, you quickly knock on the door. You hear the screaming abruptly stop and a couple of minutes later, the door opened revealing a man a few inches shorter than you with bright green hair, bright blue eyes, and flamingo shorts.

"Well, hello, there!" the Irishman said. "How can I help you?"

Shit. You just stood there for a moment, shocked at who stood in front of you.

"H-hello?"

Abort! Abort!

"S-sorry, Jack! Never mind!"

You make a hasty retreat back to your apartment before he can say anything and slam the door shut behind you.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

So, first chapter of a new story! I mentioned possibly doing this in my Markiplier book a while ago and kinda forgot about it, but I reread that fanfic so I could remember where I left off to write a new chapter and saw the author's note mentioning this. Honestly, when I started the first paragraph, I didn't know where this was gonna go, but just writing it out has already shaped the majority of the story, I think. I'm pretty happy with this idea.

Well, let me know what you think in the comments and vote if you like this! Thanks for reading!

See ya!